Author Topic: Top Gear!!!  (Read 40536 times)

Dan Rodd

Top Gear!!!
« on: September 30, 2007, 08:01:57 PM »
Just caught a top gear trailer for the new series starting on Sunday,and couldnt believe to see a blue peel p50 being driven and going on 2 wheels as part of the series!can anyone shed any light on this?

Dan Rodd

Re: Top Gear!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2007, 09:07:18 PM »
right heres a link showing some still pics

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVZ6VUUfDvA

it says that Jeremy Clarkson in the new series drives a P50 into a live broadcast on BBC news

Dan Rodd

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2007, 09:28:29 PM »
Just checked the reg number and it is i believe one of Andy Carters Peels so hopefully someone can find out more?

witney44

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2007, 09:30:56 PM »
I see the Peel P50 is EME 583B one of my old cars now owned by Andy Carter. Fancy letting that fat slob drive your car!  The programe stinks too. I bet they will make fun of microcars like they do any other unusual vehicles. ;D
« Last Edit: September 30, 2007, 09:40:24 PM by witney44 »

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2007, 09:53:03 PM »
Actually I heard Clarkson thought it was great.  It's not done in pi$$ take mode.

I quite like Clarkson.  I went to see TG live and off camera he's a gent.  Are you more into Kerry Katona and other high brow celebreties?!! 
"Men of worth act like men of worth, and men of genius, who produce
things beautiful and excellent, shine forth far better when other people
praise them than when they boast so confidently of their own achievements."
-Benvenuto Cellini

witney44

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2007, 09:59:21 PM »
I don't watch any of that crap! There is life away from the goggle-box you know.  ;D

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2007, 11:07:51 PM »
Who's Kerry Katona? Is it Jean's rusty pickup thing in the Bubble Building?

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2007, 11:23:58 AM »
It seems, Kerry Katona is not a rusty thing in a shed Stuart, isn't it ?    ;) ;)

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2007, 01:21:50 PM »
Kerry katona is a rather grotesque celeb (if you can call her that) who seems in derive income from selling stories of herself to OK magazine. Oh and awful adverts plugging Iceland food products.  Probably more nutritional value in eating the packaging.

I think I'd prefer to eat my own eyes than read/watch anything about this old trout.

And,

Peels are known by the very few.  Seeing as Top Gear pulls in what 3M viewers? (5% of the population) then the P50 is set to become extremely well known.  Then it'll get aired globally.  If mine didn't knock out it's big end on the IoM I'd have been tempted to take it out on Monday 19th just for a laugh.

With 20 odd P50's left I suspect Mr Carter may receive an enquiry or two.

I better get my engine out,opened and fixed.   Then I can run Kerry Katona over in my P50!!

"Men of worth act like men of worth, and men of genius, who produce
things beautiful and excellent, shine forth far better when other people
praise them than when they boast so confidently of their own achievements."
-Benvenuto Cellini

Trident

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2007, 02:20:37 PM »
Heres the Top Gear new series trailer: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=R3iAk2XmnVY

witney44

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2007, 02:21:46 PM »
Iceland food products. Probably more nutritional value in eating the packaging.

Ah, Mr Caviar Man. ::)

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2007, 04:02:52 PM »
Funny that Clarkson liked the P50! I remember seeing a Top Gear production a few years back where he actualy slated the thing.

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2007, 04:17:35 PM »
It seems, Kerry Katona is not a rusty thing in a shed Stuart, isn't it ?    ;) ;)

Shows how much notice I've ever taken of the opposite sex....  ::)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2007, 05:30:12 PM »
I cant stand Clarkson either. TG used to be a program about motoring but now its just about watching those three clowns belting around a race track shouting whaaay haaayin a car that only a millionare could afford. Having said that, did anyone see that episode about the Dutch three wheeled thingy that has a cabine that leans on the bends whilst the two back wheels stay level, very whacky!. They all loved it so there is hope for them yet. What is that vehicle called??

Dan Rodd

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2007, 05:56:15 PM »
your referring to the Carver.

I would much rather watch the current show than the boring half hour offering there was before.It is after all an entertainment show now,which it fulfills very well indeed.

As to their opinions regarding the Peel and other unusual cars,do you really think that theirs will be any different to the majority of joe public?
you know,the ones who never bought one when it was new and wouldnt be seen dead in one now?