Author Topic: Top Gear!!!  (Read 38961 times)

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
Re: Top Gear!!!
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2007, 05:56:55 PM »
Perhaps its time I planned something similer with the Mini-Comtesse. One can't have it being upstaged by a mere Peel can one........

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2007, 08:17:07 PM »
Call me pedantic, call me nit-picker, call me anything you want. Just don't call me late for dinner or beer! BOOM BO...splat. I used to live in Borstal. True. The village where the first Borstal was. Approved?
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

witney44

« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2007, 08:57:45 PM »
call me nit-picker.
Have you got head lice?  ???  ;D
  Borstal! Do you mean bar stool with the beer calling?  ::)  ;D
« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 09:00:18 PM by witney44 »

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2007, 08:41:52 PM »
No, I don't have head lice. They could not stand it their and they all died! Yes, Borstal, above the site of the Shorts factory at Rochester where the Flying boats were made and operated, and where the local pub, The Canopus is still named after one of them. For younger forum members: we used to make things in England!
I have realised I git the film wrong. In " Blue Murder at St Trinians there are great shots, inside and out, of a Heinkel. If you want to see the Corgi, watch " The Titfield Thunderbolt". A man arrives at the Ministry on one, stops, then he and the doorman fold down the handlebars, lift it up and carry it in. All you Corgi fans...:enjoy!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Dan Rodd

« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2007, 09:45:30 PM »
i thought it would be that film you meant,i have a copy on tape solely for the Corgi!

inacoma

« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2007, 11:27:34 PM »
Hi

I love Top Gear.

Who wouldn't laugh at the people carrier turned into a convertible or the cars turned into boats.

Even my wife loves Top gear and she has had years of crap old classics being dismanteled on the drive etc.

Makes me laugh anyway.

John

Dan Rodd

« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2007, 06:06:19 PM »
Just checked the top gear website and the peel episode is this sunday!

http://www.topgear.com/content/news/stories/2366/

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2007, 07:06:50 PM »

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2007, 11:35:04 PM »
I hope the Stig takes it round the track!!
"Men of worth act like men of worth, and men of genius, who produce
things beautiful and excellent, shine forth far better when other people
praise them than when they boast so confidently of their own achievements."
-Benvenuto Cellini

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2007, 08:05:08 PM »
Well, here we are at five minites past eight PM on Sunday 28th October and Viewing figures for BBC2 have just leapt through the roof. I wonder why? Is something interesting on?   ;D   ;)

witney44

« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2007, 08:56:10 PM »
As I thought, Just a load of mickey taking. Why was there an extention to the exhaust? and it looked like some damage was caused to it. Still It was good to see my old EME again. ;D

Dan Rodd

« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2007, 09:08:38 PM »
i dont think it was a bad feature at all.Clarkson seemed to really enjoy the Peel,didnt take too much of the mickey out of(ie didnt say it was crap)extolled the virtues of microcar ownership and got a Peel on to the most watched show on the BBC.
I was a little concerned about the bumps and knocks but Andy Carter isnt exactly short of a few quid is he!
The pipe by the looks of things was attatched to some sort of device that stopped the smoke from fogging the inside of the building.

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2007, 09:26:04 PM »
As I thought, Just a load of mickey taking. Why was there an extention to the exhaust? and it looked like some damage was caused to it. Still It was good to see my old EME again. ;D

What on earth are you talking about? The Peel couldn't have had a better feature.

Clarkson didn't have a bad word to say about it.  Superb piece.  As per usual funny angle.  

Nice to see the Trident rep at the end.  The luxury model!! They all wanted one.  Hmm, good luck lads!!
-Benvenuto Cellini

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2007, 09:51:23 PM »
The pipe extension was a crude filter/emission reducer.  Health and safety crud.

Wasn't mega effective but allowed them to run EME in the building.

Oddly enough TG voted P50 as one of the worst cars ever.   So JC has U-turned somewhat.  Shame didn't have a Trident out on the streets as well but hey what gives.

Peels are now famous.  I soooo wish mine was road fit as I'd be out in it tomorrow!!  One for the future methinks..

-Benvenuto Cellini

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2007, 09:16:36 AM »
What a hoot! One of the few TG program I have ever enjoyed. It was just a bit of fun, he could have absolutly slayed it if he was to seriously access it as a car but instead he graciously used the oppertunity to highlight the vertues of small cars. Come on, in our heart of hearts we all know that it is one of the most impractical cars ever made especialy now on todays roads but that dosnt stop us all loving it, thats part of its appeal! Peels always bring a smile to the face and that was certainly the case at the BBC. I felt a little sorry for Andy though when he kept scrapeing the walls and bumping into things but then I thought, Andys not daft, he is sure to get some repro orders out of the prog, John Humfreys looked keen! Only a grumpy old man would see it all as bad publicity for the microcar movement!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 01:49:43 PM by bobbybubble »