Author Topic: Top Gear!!!  (Read 40024 times)

Dan Rodd

Re: Top Gear!!!
« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2007, 12:36:07 PM »
here we go,for all those that didnt see it and those that want to see it again!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mio5fTKqWgM

witney44

« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2007, 01:39:29 PM »
I'll stick to what I said. Would you have your P50 mucked about with yobs rocking it about and causing a jam in the road at the end? Very childish! There was'nt even a mention of the Peel Register or Rumcars, so how will punters, as P50 calls them find out more?  ;D,

Dan Rodd

« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2007, 01:48:56 PM »
I would imagine that the majority of the British public couldnt care less about the Peel register or Rumcars,therefore it wouldnt get mentioned,just like how every other car tested by them doesnt get a list presented of all the clubs you can join.
And the behaviour of the people who came in contact with the Peel is pretty representative of everyone who isnt in the low membership of the rum and who knows what it is,which is why i stopped driving a Reliant,you couldnt go anywhere in it for fear of it being on its side when you went back to it.

witney44

« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2007, 01:53:22 PM »
You must live in a rough area! ;D

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2007, 01:57:40 PM »
If I owned a P50 I wouldnt let Clarkson and his paramours anywhere near it! Im with you on that point Rob!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 07:43:24 PM by bobbybubble »

Dan Rodd

« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2007, 02:02:51 PM »
You must live in a rough area! ;D

No,i dont,but a large proportion of members of the R3W forum have had their cars tipped over,vandalised,moved or set on fire.Doesnt matter where you go,i drove all over the country in mine and reaction was the same.
True,i wouldnt let Clarkson at it,if i were in andy's shoes i would have given him a replica to play in.

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2007, 02:35:01 PM »
that was the best bit of Microcar footage I have ever seen.

Hands down, bar none.

I just got an email from someone in the UK : "Please where can I get a Peel P50? I will take one that does not have an MOT, as long as it runs!"
I imagine I am going to get more....

Dan Rodd

« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2007, 02:39:09 PM »
just had a look at Andys Peel video on youtube,all i can say is he will be raking it in,about 15 comments of i want one already!And even on the Top Gear website the staff have put a link to a Peel video on there,saying they all want one and are going to keep an eye out on ebay....fat chance!

darrg

« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2007, 05:54:00 PM »
The power of TV - normally the RUMCars web-site gets between 250-350 visits a day. Yesterday evening we got 2900! And I think people are still coming, certainly access to the forum is veeeerrrryyy ssllloooowwww today :(
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 05:56:30 PM by darrg »

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2007, 06:59:39 PM »
Clarkson could have utterly ridiculed the P50 (as he did before) but chose to analyse it as a concept as opposed to a truly capable machine. A P50 is simply a covered moped.  A Scootacar is a covered motorcycle like the Schmitt/Treinkel.   He did say the lack of reverse was its major drawback.   They didn't really treat it terribly well which shows.  However it succeeded as a piece.

I think we need to realise only 46 P50's were assembled.    It was never a success. But now they are simply a window to a more optimistic  time.

The Trident however is in a different league through its styling.     As we all know anyone out there who wants a Peel has about as much chance as walking on the moon. So I suspect this coverage is simply a blip and will probably be forgotten shortly.

Great TV though.. 
"Men of worth act like men of worth, and men of genius, who produce
things beautiful and excellent, shine forth far better when other people
praise them than when they boast so confidently of their own achievements."
-Benvenuto Cellini

witney44

« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2007, 07:06:53 PM »
With all those hits there must be quite a few of you who don't take Rumcar News. Come on send in your applications NOW. £14 a year in UK. You don't have to own a microcar you know. That's less than 27p a week. A bargain! ;D †Loads of interestig pages about your kind of vehicles. :D

Dan Rodd

« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2007, 07:09:12 PM »
I think that someone who knows him should get Mr Carter to come and tell us all about it,any damage it sustained,teaching Jeremy to drive it etc!

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2007, 07:10:30 PM »
it is amusing that all these people simply "must" have one now after watching the show.

and they all think they are readily available and for very little money, after all the car is very small, so why should it cost much?

the same thing happened in the USA after a show called "Monster Garage" bought a Trident shell from Andy Carter and then attempted to stuff a Hayabusa engine into it but failed and ended up blowing it up.
Lots of emails from people that simply had to have one. But thought the price would be about $2500.

What was nice about the TOP GEAR episode was that they had fun WITH it.  They did not make fun OF it.

witney44

« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2007, 07:19:41 PM »
I think that someone who knows him should get Mr Carter to come and tell us all about it,any damage it sustained,teaching Jeremy to drive it etc!

Should make a couple of Peel pages in Rumcar News. ;D

Dan Rodd

« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2007, 07:27:52 PM »
ive been doing my bit on all the youtube videos by telling all the people that they will cost £25k and that there are only around 25 left,should stop them pestering those who have one ;D