Author Topic: Top Gear!!!  (Read 40957 times)

P50

• Prolific Poster
Re: Top Gear!!!
« Reply #60 on: October 29, 2007, 08:48:09 PM »
Andy's now writing the odd piece for RUM in respect of the Peel register.

I suspect you'll get the full rundown in a forthcoming RUM mag. So indeed why not join to find out?!

N.B.  If JC was smoking (and I mean smoking) around the West End in a Scootacar then the same thing wouldl have happened.

I.E.  I want one!!!   Isn't it odd that once perceived worthless junk is now so revered.  

And finally both my Peels will be shortly up for sale.

When hell freezes over.  ;)
"Men of worth act like men of worth, and men of genius, who produce
things beautiful and excellent, shine forth far better when other people
praise them than when they boast so confidently of their own achievements."
-Benvenuto Cellini

Dan Rodd

« Reply #61 on: October 29, 2007, 08:59:12 PM »
i was in the rum for around 4 years and didnt renew this year because i didnt have the spare cash at the time and to be honest the mag was getting boring.

witney44

« Reply #62 on: October 29, 2007, 09:09:15 PM »
 Only four years. That's dedication for you!  :o
 Why do you think it was becoming boring? :o  What have you in mind to make it riveting reading  ;D
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 09:38:15 PM by witney44 »

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #63 on: October 29, 2007, 09:44:41 PM »
I thought the mickey-taking was reasonably humorous and affectionate, and completely in line with the banter all of us micro-nauts use of each other's chosen bug. I was cocerned about any damage, but that is between the BBC and Andy. JC made good points about the large size of modern "Mini" cars, and the fact that the P50 has to pay Congestion Charge, whereas the large Lexus/Toyota does not have to because of its (limited) electric capability. They did show that small can be fun and interesting to all. TV always trivialises EVERYTHING it covers, but we at least got a P50 on TV, and we all have to be grateful for that, and the fact that JC seemed genuinely enthusiastic. We should all contact BBC and ask for more interesting/unusual/classic cars.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Dan Rodd

« Reply #64 on: November 15, 2007, 05:23:25 PM »
Hurray! Jezza has revealed that the P50 is worth up to £40k at the mph show!see link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQ4SgNc5qe0

might shut the "i want one for 50p" brigade up a bit!

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #65 on: November 15, 2007, 07:57:22 PM »
Where do they get these values from? Didn't the last P50 on Ebay sell for around £16K!

Dan Rodd

« Reply #66 on: November 15, 2007, 08:26:24 PM »
the last trident went for £37k!

think ill stick to £200 Reliants and £500 Fiat 126's!

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #67 on: November 16, 2007, 10:33:17 AM »
If you're talking about that fantasticly over priced Ebay Trident, it was a scam and didn't actualy sell. ;)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 10:34:58 AM by blob »

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #68 on: November 16, 2007, 03:42:37 PM »
Where do they get these values from? Didn't the last P50 on Ebay sell for around £16K!

seems there was a bit of chicanery going on with that one as well.
but yes it did "sell" at around £16K. (I seem to recall more like £14K)
It was apparently "supposed" to sell for more....maybe £20K but it did not happen.
Either that or the purpose of the auction was to use a public source (eBay) to establish a recent "Sale Price" to be used for Insurance Appraisal purposes and the car was never intended to sold in the first place.
(if you want to insure your Peel for a lot of money, the Insurance company will ask for some sort of "proof" that the car is worth what you say it is and the best way to do that is show them a recorded "sale" at a public auction. How many other Peel P50s have appeared at public auction?† Anyone?)

Those involved know what I am talking about and I will leave it at that without naming names.

People that are willing to part with a real Peel seem absolutely intent on getting the highest possible price that anyone in the world might be willing to pay for it at anytime now or in the future.
Unfortunately the people that might be capable of paying crazy money don't seem interested in paying crazy money.
They want one for 50p too!

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #69 on: November 16, 2007, 04:08:33 PM »
Funny you mention the use of auctions to establish values Jim, I wrote a similar passage some time ago. Not only is someone bidding for the vehicle, but they
« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 07:44:55 PM by blob »

Dan Rodd

« Reply #70 on: November 16, 2007, 09:04:32 PM »
even if it was a scam and didnt sell,people were still bidding on it!

The las one i saw for sale not on ebay was in the classic car weekly for £15k,and Alan Hitchcock had one a few years ago for £10k,but that sold quick