Author Topic: New mystery car  (Read 3595 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
New mystery car
« on: January 06, 2008, 07:26:42 PM »
Whats this then?

burford57

• The Devonport Collection of Crap and Classics
  • Quite Chatty
Re: New mystery car
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 08:51:33 PM »
Hmm, looks like a French-made Gauthier to me.  Probably around 1926
and with the 250cc engine if I'm not mistaken!

Nick D.
Mitsubago L300 camper van, Honda PC50, Mobylette AV32, Mobylette AV92, Motoconfort X7, Moto Graziella Cheeky Boy, Poirier Manulette MS6 invalid trike, Puch Maxi, Raleigh Wisp, VeloSoleX 5000, VeloSoleX 3300, Power Pak, Cyclemaster & Raleigh RM6.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2008, 09:34:48 PM »
If It wasnt for the fact that you are a public sevant of Her Majesty I would suspect you of cheating and looking it up on the website splashed across the photo! But, Nick, which month in 1926 ? Answer me that! Also, what make engine?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2008, 09:40:10 PM by bobbybubble »

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2008, 10:32:51 PM »
You suspect right, bobbybubble. I also looked at this webside. So everybody knows nows it is a Gauthier 1926 and a 250cc engine is fitted. Good side anyway!

burford57

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 11:41:06 AM »
Who?  Me?  A cheat?  The very idea!  You cut me to the quick with your suggestion!

Nice car, though.  Not sure I'd like to be the passenger though - who wants to be the
first to reach the accident?  At least with my Trabant I had the benefit of a tank of two
stroke mix to absorb the impact.

Nick D.
Mitsubago L300 camper van, Honda PC50, Mobylette AV32, Mobylette AV92, Motoconfort X7, Moto Graziella Cheeky Boy, Poirier Manulette MS6 invalid trike, Puch Maxi, Raleigh Wisp, VeloSoleX 5000, VeloSoleX 3300, Power Pak, Cyclemaster & Raleigh RM6.

burford57

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2008, 11:53:06 AM »
Further cheating - sorry, research - has revealed the model of the Gauthier to be
a "Cabri" and the make of the engine to be Musard.  No idea of the month.

I have failed you, my friends, and will now go and fall on my Departmental letter
opener, a fitting end to a not-too distinguished career.

Nick D.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2008, 01:20:11 PM »
Well done Nick falling on your sword like that, it shows real charrecter! I agree about not wanting to be the passenger, this layout is something I have seen on some much earlier vehicles that were on the Brighton run so they must have been, what is it, pre 1904? I forgot you had a trab, is that one on the lastest Mintcard add, you know, the smart/dumb balance is restored?   I will now look for another mystery car and leave no scope for cheating, its just not cricket!!

burford57

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2008, 06:24:56 PM »
My Trabi was a 1981 P601 saloon in that horrible shade of vomit green.  I sold it to fund the
restoration of a Kombi which was much worse than it seemed when I bought it so that had
to go,too.  Then I got into Morris Minors for a while before discovering cyclemotors and
microcars.  The rest, as they say, is history.

Amities a tous
Nick D.

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2008, 06:48:56 PM »
Hello Nick, I like the sound of the 2 stroke tanks in your Trabbie absorbing the impact, but it reminded me of a nasty incident a friend of mine saw in Eastern Europe quite a few years ago. After an apparently survivable head-on the Trabbie exploded furiously and was flung way up into the sky, killing those in it outright. It was winter and they had a petrol or gas stove inside the car.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face