Author Topic: AC Petite in C&S Article  (Read 9094 times)

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
Re: AC Petite in C&S Article
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2007, 10:01:47 AM »
Im sorry to hear you not well ,bobbybubble. Get well soon!
Best Regards
Ferdi

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2007, 12:37:59 PM »
Sorry to hear about your problems 'Bobbybubble', I am sure we all hope that you continue to improve and 2008 will bring you back to full health so that you can join us at the next Open Day.  Meanwhile the Winter edition of RUMCAR NEWS should be in the post tomorrow and that will give you sosmething else to keep you out of mischief! All the very best Jean.
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2007, 03:44:04 PM »
 Wasn't Goody-Gumdrops an 1925 Austin 12/6?   ???   ;D

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2007, 05:25:48 PM »
Thanks Jean for the well wishes, the plan is to be at the farm in 2008 and be driving the finished Inter up and down your lane.

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2007, 07:26:01 PM »
Hope to see you next year Bobbybubble, hope you are feeling better by than, and best wishes.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2007, 10:56:49 PM »
Thanks Bob. I will do my best to keep stirring it! When are you going to reveal that colour scheme?

He can't tell us what colour the paint's going to be just yet, becuse he's too busy STIRRING IT !!!    ;D

BOOM!  BOOM!!

(thank you for your kind appluse)

motornoter

• Just Starting
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2008, 12:01:03 PM »
Going back to the C&S article for a moment, I'm not trying to defend it, but how many of you have driven an AC Petite?
When I interviewed the owner of this one, Alan Budd, for an article in the Goodwood programme in 2006, he said -

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2008, 02:06:32 PM »
 The current (February) issue of C&S is worth a look-in too, having a rather good (as in nice pics) four-page article on a Ford Eight-engined Hazelcar. Usual slightly condesending style of writing, but at least they ARE featuring micros. This one the Hazelcar, November the Petite, & last March the Zagato Zele.

At the end of the day, C&S isn't a bad mag by any means (after all, motanota writes for it!  ;)) Compared to lots of other mags, they do give us some nice pictures to look at and a bit of detail to read, but one can't really say it exists in the real world, with small ads for cars with an asking price of over a million each!!!!  :o

Oh, one thing that amused me in the current issue. On page 149, Chris Hunt, Chairman of the FBHVC, outlines his New Year "wishlist" in an ideal world, and one of his wishes is for the DVLA to finally accept that a vehicle cannot ever have been registered before it was built.  Sorry to contradict, but it IS perfectly possible for a vehicle to have been registered before it was made! In fact, it was quite common practice with invalid carriages built in the 1970s when the manufactuer was allocated a block of registration numbers anything up to three months before the car went down the production line and the Ministry insisted on knowing (on paper) what speciforcation of conveyance was being built, and how many, at any certain time. Was it any wonder that the manufactuers used to inform the ministry & DVLA of what they had built BEFORE they had actully built it in order to get all the tedius paperwork out of the way in order to actully get on and make the things.

My old Model 70 I had back in 2002 was a good example. First registered & taxed at the end of October 1975, yet it wasn't actully built until mid December......   ::) 

witney44

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2008, 02:35:38 PM »
Going back to the C&S article for a moment, I'm not trying to defend it, but how many of you have driven an AC Petite?

Back in 1975 I had an AC Petite in my collection. I bought it from a guy in Worthing. East Sussex. I drove it back home to Polegate, E.SX in the dark. The only problems I had were with the plug lead coming adrift on the A27 Shoreham by-pass bridge. I forgot my torch, so used a cigarette lighter on full-bore to see what had happened. It also had a slipping clutch!
Don't remember having any other problems with it when I used it instead of the Peel etc.. Just a normal quirky vehicle among my others. It is now in the hands of Tony, our Editor.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 02:39:01 PM by witney44 »