• www.kabinenroller.de
St
« on: October 09, 2007, 12:03:52 AM »
I just got an article from the german Mercedes vintage club, mentioned the St

blob

• Prolific Poster
Re: St
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2007, 12:41:30 AM »
That's sad, I never got to experiance Story, but I'm sure there'll be other International events as interest develops.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 12:56:46 AM by blob »

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2007, 05:02:08 AM »
oddly enough, the Automuseum Störy website:
http://www.automuseum-stoery.de/
says that (translated), the Museum is being used for storing the cars.  They are not for sale, all offers are useless!

of course it does not appear to have been updated since June 2003...

This is devastating news though.   I had been to the Kleinwagentreffen in 1998, 2000 and 2002 and I met many wonderful enthusiasts.
I know others had been going for many many years before that, but I am grateful I was able to go at all.
I had my first (and only) ride in a Scootacar there. (Thanks Grant!  hope your car gets fixed after the recent accident)

I also had my first (and only) ride in a NOBEL there as well (from guess who?)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2007, 10:27:58 AM »
That is sad news! I attended twice including the final one, once with my first Inter and then with the schmitt, it was quite an experience and I too was hopeing it would start up again. What we need now is the european equivalent of Mr Bubblegum to buy up the collection and open elsewhere on the continent so that we all have access to the rare cars. I dont think Otto will be offering them to Mr Bubblegum, as I remember at the last Story event he was asked to leave the premises . Oh what memories!

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2007, 10:46:59 AM »
Bobbybubble, i don't guess Mr. Bubblegum has a chance to buy. The collection belongs to europe !!!

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2007, 12:11:15 AM »
...I dont think Otto will be offering them to Mr Bubblegum, as I remember at the last Story event he was asked to leave the premises . Oh what memories!

Otto never asked Bruce Weiner to leave.
Someone else told me that Otto had seen Bruce and his friend Martin walking around the Automuseum and counting the cars and this made Otto furious!
"It is NOT a CONTEST!" he apparently exclaimed.

What happened next was that Otto told Bruce's friend Martin to leave because he had been "tearing around " in the replica Tiger "too fast!"  and Bruce decided to leave at that time too.
But the net effect was the same.

Oh what memories!

I wonder if Eberhard Hamm is still waiting for the "Big Bier" in the sky to rain down on him.  (long story)
ONLY at the Stˆry Kleinwagnetreffen and Tractor Pull!

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2007, 10:02:28 AM »
Well Jim, Dont get me wrong, I like Bruce, he is a friend of mine but thats the story I heard and from the gum chewing horses mouth. Are you sure the Martin tearing around in the Tiger story was not a smoke screen for his embarassment? We all thought it was hilarious at the time and that included Mr Gum. I can just imagine Otto's exasperation at seeing them counting his cars, this morning I thought I had better count my own cars but when the count stopped at two I realised I was out of the running! Thanks Jim for the Story story , it could well be the true version!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 11:06:00 AM by bobbybubble »

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2007, 12:00:43 AM »
Are you sure the Martin tearing around in the Tiger story was not a smoke screen for his embarassment?

nothing is for sure when you have been drinking beer and eating bratwurst all day!

anyways, all we have are our memories now. or what is left of them.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2007, 11:24:38 AM »
Jim. Out of interest, how many Inters are registered with the US vintage microcars club? I am trying to tally up the number of survivers. I know Ken did have two and Mario Palmer had one, Bruce has an unconfirmed number, can you shed any light? Any more fun memories of Story rallies? I remember running out of petrol on the autobarn in the schmitt on the way, not such a pleasant memory! I was rescued by the isetta owners club of Great Britain, the whole contingency traveling there in Smartcars, not a man jack of them in an isetta ,an absolute disgrace! Still, I was grateful for the half gallon of petrol donated by them. The other vivid memory was pitching my tent next to a big fat German who snored so loudly that the ground shook, after the first night I gave in and checked into a hotel! Oh the memories!

Christian Kuennecke

• Just Starting
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2007, 05:54:11 PM »

Dear all,
After all rumors on the forum, Jean asked me for an official statement.
It is right that the collection is for sale. After unpleasant years with much trouble with the local authorities there is no motivation on our side to run the museum anymore. Just for keeping the cars there are simply too many. We will keep some cars for us and of course we will keep the good times (all the St

chavattov

• retro pierro
  • Occasional
  • retro-pierro scooter & microcars
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2007, 10:36:09 PM »
dear all,
as my english is not as good as i want i could make some mistakes! but if i did understand about this collection we are looking for someone who will look after the museum somewhere in europe !  ???  if yes actually in my city ( LILLE IN FRANCE) we are close to have a museum of 80 vintage scooter and we could have some place to grow it with the microcar!  so please  writte to me to have more informations and to have an email to the orwner of the collection or the director of the collection to  know what they are looking for and if our museum could interetest you all!

Lille is a big city and it is a good situation area to organiz a new microcar or vintage scooter meeting
best regards

pierrick
inter 175a, frisky sport, reyonnah, scootacar

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2007, 11:36:01 PM »
Don't just stand there everyone, help the man out!....

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2007, 03:26:51 AM »
Stuart, tx 4 ur good will, but there is no chance anyway!
Ferdi

inacoma

Everything is worth trying.
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2007, 09:57:52 AM »
Hi

If any of you have read the Discworld books by Terry Pratchett you will know that it is always the million to one shot that can become the dead cert.

Anything is worth trying, and France is as close as English enthusiasts could hope for.

I wish I had loads of money and space to offer

John

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2007, 12:54:52 PM »
Like most things in life I would imagine that its all down to who can come up with the spondulics [for our european contributors that means the money.] Thats why I said we need a eurobruce!