Author Topic: Coronet info and parts wanted  (Read 17246 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: Coronet info and parts wanted
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2012, 02:27:46 PM »
hi fibreglass you haven't got one as well have you ?
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2012, 04:24:24 PM »
Reading this thread it does seem a shame that it would appear there are three Coronets that are possibly not on the Register of Unusual Microcars.  On the other hand they may well be and are in the hands of unknown owners and we have historical information that could be of use to those new owners.  As Chris pointed out earlier RUMCARS is in the business of helping such people if they would only register their cars.  We have a large archive of information in the form of road tests, reports and experiences from the days when these cars were being made, as well as brochures and all manner of other bits and pieces.  We can also, with the permission of existing known owners introduce you to each other.  This is what the Register of Unusual Microcars was started for in 1980 and now has over 1020 vehicles registered.  Once a vehicle is registered it is kept on the records until we know it has been scrapped.  Each successive owner should notify us but sadly many of them don't.  If we don't know about you and your cars we can't help you.  So what ever kind of microcar you have we may well have some of the answers to your questions, the Forum is not your only port of call.  Unfortunately, it would seem that the original purpose of the Register of Unusual Microcars has been forgotten in this electronic age.  We are not looking to discover bargins to buy or to act as a go between for other prospective buyers we just want to help.  Many of the original cars that were put on the Register in the 1980's that have dropped from the radar and we suspect they are resurfacing now and we may well have valuable historical information about them but if you don't let us have your details we cannot help you. Let Alastair Lauchland have your information so that your car can be registered with us.  Find out how to do this by clicking on 'About the Register' on the Home Page of www.rumcars.org.  Come and join us    Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

fibreglass

• Occasional
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2012, 12:23:34 PM »
hi fibreglass you haven't got one as well have you ?

No windscreen and no hood, unfortunately someone or maybe several people have had a go at restoring or should I say bodging the car previously.
I bought it several years ago, the chassis has been painted (over the rust) and someone has tried to repair the body with filler, not a good move.
It has got the correct engine etc. However no luck finding out any info about the screen so I was thinking along the lines of finding something similar and making a new frame to suit.
There was no id anywhere that I can find on the car however by miracle I have found out that the car had been in the ownership of a number plate dealer some years ago so I am hoping to trace the id by contacting him although quite often due to their practices, he may be reluctant to help.