Author Topic: Invalid carriage on TV!!!  (Read 18892 times)

witney44

Re: Invalid carriage on TV!!!
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2007, 10:33:41 AM »
I always thought I.Cs were microcars for the less able-bodied !
« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 08:44:54 PM by witney44 »

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2007, 10:56:52 AM »
Dont start me off Dan! I havnt upset anyone for about a year now! Interesting what you say about the weight of the new mini, didnt know it was a such a heavyweight.Then again I guess its not a typical supermini, my Fiat Grande Punto only weighs 1015kgs, I dont know how that compares? You also specified "imported rubbish" I was under the impression that this car was made in Blighty. Anyway as BD says the afore mentioned modern offerings are not microcars. I for one have never denied that on paper invalid carrages fall into the microcar catagory but you cant make me or the miserable majority LIKE them even though I own one! Still Stuart is a nice chap and in the interests of solidarity I will be watching the Antiques road show on sunday night.[being an antiques dealer could have something to do with it]
« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 01:55:59 PM by bobbybubble »

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2007, 12:07:06 PM »
Its difficult to see how anyone can deny that an Invalid carriage is a form of microcar even if they don't appreciate their virtues at the current time. 

Other criticisms of the 'new' Mini were that despite being two feet longer and a foot wider it has less rear leg room and less luggage space than the original. I'm fairly sure its fuel consumption figures weren't as good either to begin with either.
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2007, 03:03:16 PM »
You also specified "imported rubbish" I was under the impression that this car was made in Blighty.

Oh yes folks, despite being German through & through, the new Mini is actully made in good old Oxford. In Cowley to be presice. and on the very same site as the Morris Marina, Princess & some Maxi's. Therefore the New Mini is spiritully British Leyland if not in heart!  ;D

By the way, be careful about how much we go on about "imported rubbish", for we do have one or two Germans on this forum, (Hello Ferdi  :-*) Plus which country provided us with Heinkels, Messerschmitts, Goggos and Peel engines.....  ;D

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2007, 03:52:24 PM »
Stuart thanks but i don't care. At least i rather prefere english lifestyle and microcars more than german (rubbish  ;D )

Dan Rodd

« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2007, 08:22:39 PM »
i wouldnt sing the praises of the bmw mini that much,it may be built here,but all the money goes back to bmw.They also wont acknowledge that they built the isetta,a classic car mag dod a feature on the bubble and took it to cowley for a pic,and were asked to leave by security.

witney44

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2007, 08:49:27 PM »
Who 's singing the praises of the BMW/BL Mini.  ???  Wasn't the first Minicar in name manufactured by Bond?  ;D

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2007, 10:55:44 PM »
I have heard simular stories about BMW trying to write the Isetta out of there history, if it were not for the isetta the drug dealers would have no wheels today! Why should they be ashamed of a vehicle that save the company from liquidation. I wouldnt mind but before that they were building Austin sevens under license.

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2007, 02:17:14 PM »
 Don't forget the original point of this topic though folks. 8pm TONIGHT on BB1, the Antiques Roadshow. From the pre-production reports I've had, we actully get some action shots as well.....   :o

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2007, 06:07:17 PM »
Dont tell me, Micheal Aspel is going to drive one around the corridors of the BBC and make a cheeky comment about Fiona Bruces bottom?

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2007, 07:32:56 PM »
Who knows,  ;) only half an hour to wait as of now though.....

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2007, 08:15:54 PM »
Sad i can't watch it Stuart ! :(

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2007, 10:34:28 PM »
Where were they? ???

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2007, 10:48:04 PM »
Yeh Stuart, where were they?  I sacrificed Heartbeat for Nowt!

Dan Rodd

« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2007, 10:53:06 PM »
not the first time Stuart was promised a feature on telly and then it never happened,come on Stuart,why was it not on,not that i missed it,because i didnt watch it,but then again there was nothing to see ??? ;D