Author Topic: Isetta EV  (Read 3909 times)

blob

• Prolific Poster
Isetta EV
« on: February 26, 2008, 07:14:51 PM »
Something I discovered whilst on Youtube. Marketed as the

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Re: Isetta EV
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 09:44:14 PM »
Hi Blob. The Zeta Isetta EV that TRITECH built in this country never caught on and I doubt if this one will, people want a more conventional EV like a G-wiz, from the video it doesnt look like this backyard afair in vietnam is a real player.

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 12:26:48 AM »
I guess you're right Bob, I was unaware Tri Tech had attempted it, besides this one sounds like a milkfloat. Can't say I like the idea of 4 individual motors either. 

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2008, 10:30:08 AM »
I saw one of the tritech EV Isetta's at a rally and it didnt float my boat but then again all the glass fibre bodied petrol powered isetta replics are a real turn off.Have you seen the one with a huge car engine fitted, the whole body has to pivot forwards to get at the works, big alloy wheels, the lot! There is a place for this sort of thing and it isnt at a microcar rally! Well that just my opinion anyway. About the electric motors in each wheel, I was under the impression that this is the modern favoured way of building EV's . I know the G-wiz has one motor but apparently thats because they are made on the cheap. Im no expert but thats what I have gleaned from chating with EV folk. Its a shame that Darren is away because he is the man that would know.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 12:26:22 PM by bobbybubble »