Author Topic: Mystery Microcar November 2007  (Read 12365 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Re: Mystery Microcar November 2007
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2007, 01:39:26 PM »
Oh very good!! Actually my real name is Ivor Schmitt

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2007, 03:46:42 PM »
There is a Belcar in the 2nd "Sparrow" bubblecar book, in Switzerland.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2007, 03:50:41 PM »
I certainly like the style of the Belcar better than the later 4wheel variants.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2007, 06:49:05 PM »
Marcus, I was suprised the bellcar got in the sparrow book because at the time David was doing the photography he was insisting that the cars all be presitine and then when the book was released it showed the worlds most scruffy Belcar, I guess its rarity compensates. David Sparrow is quite a character, The Nobel featured in that book was mine at the time and he asked me to take him to an interesrting building to shoot the car in front of. I suggested the Local Civic Centre because I like art deco, when we got there he just marched straight in and shouted which young lady wants to be photographed in my new book? I died of embaressment! It worked though, a volunteer was found and it is the girl you now see standing by the Nobel and holding the door open. She got a free copy for her trouble.

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2007, 07:25:28 PM »
 Lets have more scruffy stuff in books says I !!! "Facinating" as Star Trek's Mr Spock would say. I've also got both the Colour Family Albums on my shelf as well, bought in the days before I even knew what half these cars actully were. I'm still paciantly awaiting Volume three.... 

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2007, 10:30:23 PM »
I'm not against the scruffy stuff, its just that it flew in the face of his original criterier! Is it worth me buying the first Sparrow album Stuart, what is featured in it? Oh I just remember something else that happen the day of the photo shoot. David spotted a traveling fair ground/circus in a field next to the civic centre and suggested that we go and get some shots of Nobby(my pet name for the Noble) alongside the dodgems, we asked for permission and were promply told to ####off! This illustrates the tenacity of the man, he insisted that we went back later and ask someone else, I was right behind him! As you can see, it paid off hence the dodgem photos in the book.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2007, 10:32:12 PM by bobbybubble »

witney44

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2007, 11:02:12 PM »
 I take it that you received a free copy with your car in! Also why was it parked on a yellow crossed square? You get  done for that around here.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2007, 10:58:04 AM by witney44 »

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2007, 06:16:04 PM »
Yes Bob , I got a free copy signed by the author. We got permission to shoot anywhere on the grounds hence dodged a parking ticket.

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2007, 06:51:37 PM »
I have only ever seen one Nobel on the road, and that was in the late 70s in Kent. I think I was on my way from Maidstone to Folkestone or Hastings when a Blue and white one truned right ahead of me. Although I had heard of Nobels from a newspaper article I did not know what they looked like and it was years later that I found out what I had seen.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2007, 11:30:10 PM »
I have always like the shape of the Noble. The smooth lines and the colour scheme, what comes to mind is a half sucked mint imperial!

inacoma

Re: VICTORIA
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2008, 11:49:09 PM »
Hi

Like the jokes, even if they are older than the 2 months since they were put here.

Just picked up this Victoria brochure off  Ebay

John

inacoma

« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2008, 11:50:06 PM »
All I need now is the car

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2008, 10:47:27 AM »
Seriously John, why not go for something like this, the value can only go one way and thats up . I know you have a fascination with sans permis vehicles and some are quite cute but why not go for something that you can drive without fear of being overtaken by a pedestrian this time? Join the microcar drivers , I still maintain that this is where the real fun starts.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 11:39:49 AM by bobbybubble »

inacoma

« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2008, 07:37:32 PM »
Hi Bob

Yes I have decided to look for a car that is in good condition and that will be able to drive at least shortish distances in a reasonable comfort and time., that way i will be able to drive it to local shows and trailer it to ones that are further away, and to the farm etc.

The problem is that finding a reasonably desireable car thats in fair condition and not a stupid price isn't easy as everyone is after the same thing.

I will still be loooking out for Acomas, because I just think they need as many friends as they can get, a 1st class condition Break or Berline sport would be worth having as they are practical and usable, also if you get the later unrestricted engine type they are a lot more useable on the road.

I like Bambis and Cursors for later U.K. micros.

Your Inter and a Rayonnah would do it for Quirky styling though.

I will just have to see what turns up at a reasonable price ( one of everything in the sweet shop would do though)

Did you ever manage to do anything with your Willam?

John

g-o-g-g-o

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2008, 08:43:53 PM »
Hi John
         why don't you try a goggomobil, they are fairy cheap to buy ( in relation to messerschmitt, isetta, and heinkel/trojan) and spares are available in germany. If you could get an Inter they are twice the price of Messerschmitt, and I only know of three reydonna and Bruce weiner has two of them!
  Goggo's  saloon prices start at £500 for a rough one up to £2,000 - £4000 for one on the road (in Germany) lhd of course, Coupes are more expensive