Author Topic: I just had a race with a Twizzy!  (Read 2499 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
I just had a race with a Twizzy!
« on: February 23, 2013, 03:40:18 PM »
What a good micro afternoon I have had. I recently bought an Isetta gearbox on Ebay from a guy at Havering -Atte- Bower, thats a nice little Essex village not far from me, no not all of Essex is rough as Al would have you believe, this place still has stocks on the villiage green! No ASBO hooded yob locked in them either. I digress, I bought the gearbox because the input shaft splines are very worn on my box and I'm sure this is preventing me from getting gear changes as smooth as they should be. This new box has virtually unworn splines so I'm guessing the box  very low mileage. As its in range I thought I would go over and collect it in the G-wiz. I was just coming back into Hornchurch when at a junction I could see something odd approaching in my mirror, when It got closer I realized it was the new Renault Twizzy electric microcar, the guy pulled up alongside and seemed just as excited as I was to see another electric mico on the streets of old Hornchurch, we, chatted briefly until it was time to move off, he said he was chuffed to bits with the car but I have to say he did look a bit cold [Twizzies have no side windows}  Then I said "after you mate", to which he nodded and took off like an electric bat out of hell!! You could say he left me in a cloud of sparks! I tried to catch him by switching my Wiz into boost mode but no chance what so ever. Anyway although I lost the race by miles it was a real treat to see one and its making me think I may have to save up and get one of those myself.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 03:59:03 PM by Bob Purton »

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: I just had a race with a Twizzy!
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 04:30:34 PM »
great stuff we now know what a twizzy looks like - but whats the G- whizz ? you know me and modern stuff  ;)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: I just had a race with a Twizzy!
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 07:22:06 PM »
Ought to be from Yorkshire, 'T wizzy did.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs