Author Topic: Tarc car. One for Chris?  (Read 4290 times)

jackiep

• Chatty
Re: Tarc car. One for Chris?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 05:25:16 PM »
What a smasher !!!!

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 08:02:56 PM »
Dear Bob

Thank you for thinking of me, but a 1300 cc engine is not a microcar. It mat have three wheels and look like a morgan from the back but no thanks, unfortunately it does not tick any of the boxes for me.

Chris Thomas

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 08:22:35 PM »
Yes I like it too. Not so keen on the price (clinking of money, locking of chest, chains and padlocks).
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 09:48:28 PM »
I know its not a microcar Chris but I didnt think you were fussed, I also thought that you might fit into it?  How did the wedding go?  By the way the latest RCN is excellent! Enjoyed the Peter Sissons article and of course re-reading the one on the Bonnallack Minnow, a little taste of when RCN was just about proper period microcars and not all the modern stuff, still we must cater for the wider readership. A real pro job Chris.

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011, 09:01:26 AM »
Dear Bob

In my old age I am getting fussier about what I want, and do not want, and strangely BMC a series engines are not unusual enough, and I do like a roof over my head, especially when it adds a lot of strength to the structure, and keeps out the rain.

Glad you enjoyed reading RCN I think I may be getting the hang of this job.

Yes, the wedding all went to plan. All the guests were impressed with the location and the event. Now all I have to look forward to is my next credit card bill. For those wondering what I am talking about, my eldest daughter got married in Bled castle on the side of lake Bled in Slovenia. And before you ask, No he is not Slovenian, they just fell in love with the location, which is spectacular.

I did look but there were no microcars to be seen, so nothing to report on that front.

Chris Thomas

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2011, 09:28:32 AM »
know its not a microcar

Been influenced by Enfield have we, this is the 3rd kitcar you've posted!  ;)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2011, 11:16:37 AM »
Mike.  Remind me what we saw at Enfield then as I'm not with you?  Read it again though , its not a kit car but a home made one off. I didnt say I liked it but thought the back half looked well done, the front reminds me of that awfull Frankenschmitt thing! :(

Chris, I'm beginning to appreciate what you dont want but one of the mysteries of the microcar world is what exactly is it that you do you want? All we have heard so far is how you dont fit despite the fact that big people of all shapes and sizes own and drive microcars, your arguments for not buying and driving one are wearing pretty thin. Now you are editor of RCN not owning one is inexcusable! ;)

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2011, 12:55:56 PM »
Dear Bob

Thank you for promoting me to Editor of Rumcar News.

As Deputy Editor of Rumcar News has no job description, there is no requirement for the holder to own a microcar, only the ability to do the job. 

As far what Microcar would I like to own. There is a difference between what I would like to be seen driving, What I think would suite my requirements, and what I can afford to own.

First I would like to be seen driving a Carver one, Second I think a Zundapp Janus would be a sensible microcar to own, and third until I sell my Elswick I can not afford anything.

When I was 16 (many years ago) I designed a car which was similar to the Janus with a mid engine, 4 wheel drive, back to back seating, wedge shape, the same back and front and looked just like an egg box on wheels. So I have a bit of an affinity with the Janus. Having said that the Carver one was just so much fun to drive. The three cylinder Diahatsu engine just went like the wind and was so sweet, and the tilting mechanism made it just like a motorbike to drive. But the cost was outside of my range.

Perhaps I should think of resurecting the Eggbox design and put an electric motor in it and build it myself.

Chris Thomas

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2011, 03:07:04 PM »
Oh alright then, Deputy editor. This is the first time we have got this out of you and I have to agree, good choices I think. When your boat comes in you could have both, Carver as your modern example and Janus as the vintage one. Dont like the sound of a Janusesk electric egg box though. Would it be free range or battery? :D :D :D

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2011, 05:50:24 PM »
its not a kit car but a home made one off

Not sure about that, it says the chassis is though I've seen that rear end, on another kit somewhere  ???

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2011, 06:27:19 PM »
Of course you recognise the rear end, its a Morgan barrel back, also to be seen on some JZR's /BRA etc in turn mimicking Morgan. I guess its an easy shape to fabricate, a conical single roll out of one sheet.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2011, 06:32:12 PM »
Perhaps Chris only needs to be a Deputy owner of a MIcrocar. So that will be helping Jean with the collection?
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs