Author Topic: As new KR200 for only £3000 - Schmitt price crash?  (Read 10607 times)

P50

• Prolific Poster
As new KR200 for only £3000 - Schmitt price crash?
« on: May 30, 2011, 08:11:55 AM »
I suspect it's gone but you may be lucky.  Requires some very minor fettling to return to the road.   The choke knob will go again so that's a few pence saved.

Has a nice grass carpet.  Warning.   Sneezing whilst mobile may mean the speedo will fall off. What's holding it in? Hope?!  I say speedo, those with a keen eye may notice the speedo is in fact a facade. What has happended to VDO's precision instrument one asks? Top marks for what must be the most rotten/absent dash panel.   Even Lord Cyphus's pic of a KR exhumed from a canal was better than this! Quite remarkable..   (may be better to simply display as 20th Century sculpture in a Mayfair art gallery).

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200614005309

« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 09:23:20 AM by P50 »
"Men of worth act like men of worth, and men of genius, who produce
things beautiful and excellent, shine forth far better when other people
praise them than when they boast so confidently of their own achievements."
-Benvenuto Cellini

P50

• Prolific Poster
Re: As new KR200 for only £3000 - Schmitt price crash?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 08:15:43 AM »
Looks like the heater cable has had it.  Not a problem with global warming.  That's the least of your worries.  Where do you start?

« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 09:28:39 AM by P50 »
-Benvenuto Cellini

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 08:17:38 AM »
Certainly presents well save being blind in its right eye.

I spy the engine back there.  Wonder if the dynastart is still capable? 

A project for the insane or on a life sentence at Strangeways with nowt better to do.  Good luck! 

:)

« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 09:26:56 AM by P50 »
-Benvenuto Cellini

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 09:08:56 AM »
Hmm that Mochet looks better all the time!
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2011, 09:12:53 PM »
Hmm that Mochet looks better all the time!

If this schmitt was 500 quid, *i wouldn think of it, cos of the engine and the ali frame, and maybe the door.

The owner of the Mochet sold it at 300 euros.
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2011, 10:02:02 AM »
Jules bought a better restorable shell but bereft of an engine or V5 for £1,250. This shell looks past it but it has an, unseen, engine which has no piston. Could be rather nasty open to the atmosphere and really where the value of this car lays. So we are looking at the wrong bit. I can see £750 in it if the unseen parts as as I imagine. However I do not need it. For £3,000 I would rather have a tour of Norfolk looking for a better Schmitt in someone's front garden for a month.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2011, 01:28:16 PM »
I think the odds of finding a very desirable machine simply sitting in some old boys front garden is akin to meeting the Queen at a boot sale selling counterfeit fags.

Them days is over.  Now I know a few bits are out there in the elements but they're generally 80's filth.

However hidden tasty stuff in a garage is an entirely different matter.  But you aint gonna see 'em so they'll come up for sale on Evilbay when the owner dies or his sibblings are asked to offload it. 

That's why this rotter is on Ebay.  Best place to raise a penny or two.

There's a few KR's/Peels and Scootacars etc to be discovered.  When they surface like a sub.     
-Benvenuto Cellini

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2011, 08:29:37 AM »
Now this brings me to a theory that I have. I am pretty convinced I can dowse MIcrocars. I think other people have this knack too, perhaps it is something you get after being successful at finding cars, perhaps it is an innate talent. However I quite often know when I am in the vicinity of a Microcar. In such circumstances the attention level is raised to collect clues as to where the car might be. This has served me well over the years. I have actually been tested several times by buddies. On one occasion on being in Little Thetford I commented there was a car in the village. Challenged I ended up outside a wooden garage door and was scoffed at. Two weeks later D Tek, for it was the owners house, turned out to have an orange and black Trojan parked in that very garage. This created disbelief so I was challenged to find a car in Ely. I followed my instincts and we ended up at Mary King's where we got a cup of tea after knocking on the door as passing 'Schmitters. This proved I had never been there before.
Unlike other dowsing it does not seem to be effective using maps. It also is unproven on Google earth etc but then I rarely look for cars these days unless I have some intelligence its worth the effort. I would add that I can dowse water, cables, pipes and other buried objects. We even found gold in France! Many a cache lays awaiting discovery from various wars and civil unrest. In this case it was some items known to be buried by the De L'herm family but location forgotten. So not quite treasure trove or out of the blue but I was pretty surprised it worked.
So are their others out there who have this hidden talent? I can think of a few candidates. Would a tour of Norfolk prove to be an trip finding nothing? We will never find out because I am not doing it but it was not to long ago that Martin Galea obtained the Buskell Goggos, I was one of a few who did know about them, and they were just knocking about in general terms. To find you first have to look. If you have what you want you stop looking.
Anyway were all off to play with a Kruese Duo/Simson thing on my trailer and the prototype Church Pod - no doubt more from Root - while we wait for a delivery of more Automobilia. Hmm this none buying is not working very well!

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2011, 09:44:41 AM »
Dear Al

Over the years I have practiced the old art of dowsing and found many interesting things and amazed a lot of people at the same time. But I have never tried to use dowing to find a Microcar.

Perhaps we should teach some of the other guys the techniques of map dowsing and then follow it up with some ground work.

I find that dowing for interest works but dowing for monitary gain never works. Perhaps I should try and dowse out the location of your secret store of cars is?

Chris Thomas

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2011, 11:53:47 AM »
Does it work on fiberglass? You could start in Epping Forest and find the buried Peels.

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2011, 05:15:56 PM »
Does it work on fiberglass? You could start in Epping Forest and find the buried Peels.

Wow, did they bury Peels? I guess if so, for the same reason they buried a load of Nobels in the A12! They also buried a load of copies of the worst video game ever (ET on Atari 2600,made in 1977)
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2011, 06:41:29 PM »
Dear Bob

The answer to your question is that you can find anything using dowsing. What you need to do is visualise what you are looking for and ask the right question. If it is there you will find it. Too often people are either not good at visualising, or they ask a confusing question to which there is no yes or no answer.

This may sound like gobledy gook, but once you get the idea it does work.

To give you an example if you are looking for friends who you have lost touch with, you need to look for each person seperately as they may not be together. When you visualise them you need to think not just of a man or a woman but that specific person. and the question also needs to be worded to give only a yes of no answer, a choice of three things does not work.

I hope that helps

Chris Thomas

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2011, 10:39:28 PM »
As I suggested to you on the eurostar to retromobile last year it sounds like the implementation of uncanny powers to me.

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2011, 09:05:23 AM »
Dear Bob

Anybody and everybody can in theory do dowing. Firstly you need to learn the technique and secondly you need to believe it works. The first time it works for you, believe me you believe.

I have taught a vicar, a journalist, managers, archiologists, a womens institute group, even my brother ( no 1 sceptic)  and been on TV demonstrating how it works. It is not uncanny powers, it is just something that we can all do but choose to not do for one reason or another.

A good place to learn would be down on the farm. All you need is two wire coat hangers  and two bic biro's

Chris Thomas

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2011, 10:03:28 AM »
I dont doubt it works Chris, so do ouiji boards! Just dont involve me! :-*  Anyway we have strayed from the subject of microcars altogether.