Author Topic: Something here for Nick Devonport....  (Read 2876 times)

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
Something here for Nick Devonport....
« on: April 25, 2007, 01:04:41 PM »
On French ebay, a Poirier Manucycle of some sort. Item number 140108560860  (By a staggering coincidance, the last four digits of this item number was the first four digits of the engine number of my old Harding!!!!)

burford57

• The Devonport Collection of Crap and Classics
  • Quite Chatty
Re: Something here for Nick Devonport....
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 01:06:55 AM »
Nice looking machine - but where's the engine?  I have a brochure from the Poirier company and it shows this style of carriage with what appears to be a VAP engine driving the NSR wheel.  Or the OSR wheel if you're French.  Which I'm not.  More's the pity, or I'd have easier access to those "sans permis" cars that crop up with tantalising regularity. 

I've found an eBayer who sells flexible exhaust pipe so I've ordered a length in the hope that it will be the missing link in the Ligier "echappement".  With any luck I'll be racing Stuart's Mini Comtesse at the Open Day on July 29.

Amities a tous, bises a Stuart!
Nick D.
Mitsubago L300 camper van, Honda PC50, Mobylette AV32, Mobylette AV92, Motoconfort X7, Moto Graziella Cheeky Boy, Poirier Manulette MS6 invalid trike, Puch Maxi, Raleigh Wisp, VeloSoleX 5000, VeloSoleX 3300, Power Pak, Cyclemaster & Raleigh RM6.