Author Topic: scootacar for restoration on ebay  (Read 3137 times)

super-se7en (Malc Dudley)

• Quite Chatty
  • Two Frisky sports
scootacar for restoration on ebay
« on: April 08, 2014, 12:50:59 AM »
There is a 1964 scootacar for restoration on eBay that looks as though it needs a good home.Shame i have got no room as it is a good project at £8k.  I will not give item number. It is a classified advert. Hope it stays in England.

milnes

• Quite Chatty
Re: scootacar for restoration on ebay
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 08:43:43 AM »
Interesting, so no registration documents, so for people in the know, how easy would they be to obtain?
Looks like some parts missing, to include Engine, how east are Scootacar parts to come across?
I need to stop buying!

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 10:23:34 AM »
Make contact with Steve Boyd of the Scootacar Register, I am sure he will be able to answer all your questions.   Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2014, 11:00:12 AM »
There is an engine. Is it the right engine? Many a micro has ex Invacar Villiers supplied, but they do differ in many and odd ways to the more unusual car installations. Like the blower being on the wrong side of the engine.
It has plates, and a nice number, but has it documentation to go with it. If so registration is simple. If not it will be given an age related number. Well unless one of the magicians has it, there are ways and means. Hopefully the chassis plate is there and not removed for cloning.
To my mind this car, in the light of achieved prices of restored machines, is probably now cheap! 30 years ago you would not have got £80 for it!
I like the idea of a peach coloured Scootacar. Trouble is a peach has a very large nut in the centre.

No doubt Stephen will have info on this car.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2014, 07:00:08 PM »
Will put my bud onto it as he is looking for one. He was asking about buying mine. Unless someone else is going in on it.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

milnes

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2014, 07:02:19 PM »
To late Al, seems it sold!
I need to stop buying!