General Category > Off Topic Lounge

Church Pod

(1/4) > >>

Big Al:

Big Al:
At last I can see my Church Pod again and empty of all the parts for it and the others bits I have accumulated. This partly as interest has been expressed in taking on numbers 2 and 3 out of 5 with said parts. That will leave me with this registered one and a spare bodyshell to fit once more development work has been done. That will give a fresh set of panels with no holes now not to be used as things have been altered. The used panels can be put with another chassis for a cheap starter pack should there be interest. My main concern is the fitting of the windscreen. This is currently unsatisfactory and had I been doing the design I would not have gone down the route taken. Need a trip to the scrappy to get some ideas on what rubber sections are available.

Basic run through is this has Vespa disc brakes in the front mounted to new Messerschmitt front suspension with replicated steering and geometry. Master cylinder on foot pedal, as is the throttle. The rear is wholly Honda Foresight 250 four stroke twist and go. Dash from the scooter. Space-frame tubular steel chassis clothed in unstressed GRP panels. Screen cut down Ford. Nif naf from what ever source suits.
This thing goes very well and represents a modern take on the Austrian doofur, the Schmitt and a sort of Bond Bug for one. It is comfy once in but not easy to exit or enter. You can see a single head light front on the back of the trike but the twin headlight version is fitted at the moment.

marcus:
How many were made?

Big Al:

--- Quote from: marcus on July 25, 2012, 08:00:37 AM ---How many were made?

--- End quote ---

Eeer. None yet! There are 5/6 sets of parts. The prototype, which I have, has been run illegally on the road before mothballing. I have it registered and it is the nearest the road. Another is mojorly done in Wales. There are two complete sets of parts here. I believe there is another but I know not where, Slough?, and then I have the spare shell and some misc parts. I effectively bought the project and then found I had other owners making me offers I could not refuse to give me their cars back. We all invested on the basis of the originators track record of success. However on this occasion other issues rather forced him to give up before the project was finished. The concept is very good and potential likewise. Like all these things it needs time and work. I would rather not do the cars and even doing the easy one really means I have an old car I cannot then do. Hence looking for someone to take the project on. If I had time, skill and wanted business I think this car could be simplified into a good selling cheap commuter./fun car as it uses mostly stuff from a breakers yard. The SVA/registration being the major prob. The answer is, of course, to use an old scooter but that is to simple for folk it seems as everyone wants to drive faster than Concord could go. Well great, but you cannot have it both ways, and that attitude suggests HM Gov are right to be picky doesn't it?

Why, do you want one, eh eh?

richard:
have vaguely heard of this project before but why on earth is it "off topic" ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version