Author Topic: Kleinschnittger  (Read 2533 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Re: Kleinschnittger
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 08:35:32 PM »
Now thats a microcar!

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, 10:04:53 AM »
Now thats a microcar!

Unfortunately useless from all the negative accounts I've heard, brakes being non existent, wheels fall apart etc, sit in it and it's broken, good to look at though!

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2012, 11:22:57 AM »
True Mike but a whole lot of microcars of that period have terrible brakes, if you were to restore and drive your Nobel you would find that out, another prime example are the earlier Bond minicars. I think the wheels were ok when the cars were new but with age and use they became fragile. I agree though, they are great to look at and a real engineers exercise in weight reduction.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2012, 05:38:39 PM »
that is a microcar ! love them but know nothing much about them . bob you always mention Bond and Nobel brakes but when new on the roads at the time people were doing London - Paris runs Geneva , Italy et al. you musn't put modern standards on old cars we know they are poor by modern standards but that makes them fun . i have been in both Treinkels and Messerschmitts with poor brakes and many times driven with other drivers in Bonds where brakes don't seem to be an issue . My only bonding was actually in a loaned mark C in the isle of Man for a week and my wife and I had a whale of a time on the mountain roads , although the brakes had to " respected "
would to give first hand experience of a Kleinschnittger - loan car anybody ? :)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977