Author Topic: Frisky body shell. hard top family 3 maybe  (Read 19779 times)

Invacar model 70

• Occasional
Frisky body shell. hard top family 3 maybe
« on: March 06, 2011, 08:55:14 PM »
I found a complete Frisky body while collecting a moped for my son.  It is laying outside behind a car dealers, near Basildon. It looks complete.  It has a couple of cracks in it near the rear number plate.  It is still bear resin finish, never been painted or used.  I am sure it would be very useful if someone needs it.

If anyone is interested drop me an email and I will try to get a price out of the chap and get you connected.  rich@cloudbase.biz
Best Regards
Richard

BSA C15, AJS 18S, Raleigh RM5, Honda CG125, Reliant Regal 3/25 and 3/30, GTM Rossa, Relaint Kitten Kit Car.

cuscus47

• Quite Chatty
Re: Frisky body shell. hard top family 3 maybe
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 05:36:21 PM »
Welcome Richard. I thought that you would've already been on.  I sent you an e-mail on the NOS exhausts this am.  Ian
AC, Acoma, Argsons, Arola, Batricars, Bianchina, Carter, Citroens, Cushmans, Dafs, ElectricPal, ElectricShopper, Elswick, Eshelman, Everest, Goggo, Harding, Invacar, Levesons, Lloyd, Marketeer, Model 70's (AC, Invacar), Nelcos, Poirier, Reliants, Renaults, Sinclairs,Trabant, Trilox, Tippen etal

Invacar model 70

• Occasional
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 06:49:43 PM »
The guy with the shell is going to put it on ebay soon.  he is not sure of the value so wants to auction it.  I will post the listing number her if I spot it.
Best Regards
Richard

BSA C15, AJS 18S, Raleigh RM5, Honda CG125, Reliant Regal 3/25 and 3/30, GTM Rossa, Relaint Kitten Kit Car.

Invacar model 70

• Occasional
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 07:20:25 PM »
No Ian I only logged in to mention the frisky.   :D
Best Regards
Richard

Invacar model 70

• Occasional
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 07:53:30 PM »
I just heard from this guy.  He has sold the body Shell to a guy who is planning to make a mould from it.  If any one is interested I will ask for contact details from him.
Best Regards
Richard

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2011, 08:34:24 PM »
Sounds like it might time to bang my Frisky out then. More fakery and strangeness yet there are loads of real Friskys that want restoration back to what they should be. Hey ho.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Grant Kearney

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2011, 11:45:59 PM »
Very interesting.  I am sure we all would be keen to hear more especially Mr Meadows.  Sounds like it could be the same chap that I heard about at the National who was planning to turn out Nobel, Scootacar and Tourette body shells.  Don't expect there will be big demand for any of these.  Andy Carter's pension scheme should be safe then  ;)

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2011, 12:50:21 AM »
 The amount of old-stock/separated genuine Frisky bodyshells there are around, I'd have thought a better business plan would be remaking a few chassis's & mechanics for them... 

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2011, 12:56:21 AM »

Andy Carter's pension scheme should be safe then  ;)

You mean he's STILL knocking the things out!!!???  :o  I thought he'd retired years ago.  Who's he been building for now??   ;)  ;)  ;)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2011, 07:45:01 AM »
Very interesting.  I am sure we all would be keen to hear more especially Mr Meadows.  Sounds like it could be the same chap that I heard about at the National who was planning to turn out Nobel, Scootacar and Tourette body shells.  Don't expect there will be big demand for any of these.  Andy Carter's pension scheme should be safe then  ;)

Not f'in Tourettes, please. Ffnar biscuit!

What was it, 27 shells behind the old premises near Margate? Yep it is the chassis that wants making not the body. Much of the Frisky is them reasonably findable, but which model? Scootacar is a bit more difficult. The problem is as the degree of difficulty raises the chances of rather nasty replicas appearing getting stronger. Thinking Tri Tech and the ability of them to fall apart in public or rolling gaining the interest of police. My interest is selfish. A host of ill formed replicas splatting themselves round the place raising attention countrywide could lead to the banning of microcars from the road by the expedient of a clumsy law. The Bamby P50 has passed tests so that is acceptable and it has to stand on its merits backed by proper business rules. Home built stuff does not and the owner of an older ID can happily build a death trap without any real backing and more than likely dodgy insurance since the contract will contain contestable information. For instance is a new Scootacar shell with wrong bits in it a Scootacar even if it does have an ID? Specifically the insurer always asks if the vehicle is modified. Most old cars are but who list those mods? Iffy time. The bigger the claim the more they will wriggle.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2011, 09:53:32 AM »
I just heard from this guy.  He has sold the body Shell to a guy who is planning to make a mould from it.  If any one is interested I will ask for contact details from him.

Oh! You mean the shell I was looking at yesterday! Talk about Chinese whispers! This whole thread has been based on absolute tosh! I know the guy who bought it and there are no plans to take a mould from it. He just wanted a shell which he now has!

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2011, 10:10:31 AM »
I'd have thought a better business plan would be remaking a few chassis's

Now that's an idea, my F3 chassis is shot to absolute pieces!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 11:33:01 AM by blob »

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2011, 12:17:46 PM »
a bit like the" stolen" boat , mat and camera  :D we really must stop getting in such a hoo hah  ;D
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2011, 01:10:50 PM »
Very interesting.  I am sure we all would be keen to hear more especially Mr Meadows.  Sounds like it could be the same chap that I heard about at the National who was planning to turn out Nobel, Scootacar and Tourette body shells.  Don't expect there will be big demand for any of these.  Andy Carter's pension scheme should be safe then  ;)

the owner of an older ID can happily build a death trap without any real backing  

They're all deathtraps.
"Men of worth act like men of worth, and men of genius, who produce
things beautiful and excellent, shine forth far better when other people
praise them than when they boast so confidently of their own achievements."
-Benvenuto Cellini

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2011, 01:18:12 PM »
boats, mats and cameras ? surely not ! why have we not been told before ?
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977