Author Topic: cabriolet-Eden-Rock  (Read 3404 times)

inacoma

cabriolet-Eden-Rock
« on: May 15, 2007, 03:27:28 PM »
Just found this rare Autobianchini in Classic car (parts for sale) on French Ebay.

Not cheap, but exceptionaly good looking.

cabriolet Eden Roc Num

cuscus47

• Quite Chatty
Re: cabriolet-Eden-Rock
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 09:57:56 AM »
This is an Autobianchi Bianchina.  The convertable is extremely rare, the coupes (called Transforma,with a full length sliding fabric roof similar to Citroen 2CV) more common but still rare, and also a Garninara (wagon like). Later on a hard roofed saloon. I have a Transforma in my collection. Uses Fiat 500 mechanicals, trim parts are die-cast pot metal and very hard to find, specific for the Bianchina.  Over the years 1958 to 1969 there were, I think, at least 3 different series, differing slightly in style of trim and positioning of it.  Including all the series, models etc, there were about 25 different designs in this time span. There is a great club in Italy for them. This price is a fair price for the convertable and in very nice condition. The Bianchina developed into the  A112, like a Mini, in 1970's, but not called Bianchina any more.  Ian.
AC, Acoma, Argsons, Arola, Batricars, Bianchina, Carter, Citroens, Cushmans, Dafs, ElectricPal, ElectricShopper, Elswick, Eshelman, Everest, Goggo, Harding, Invacar, Levesons, Lloyd, Marketeer, Model 70's (AC, Invacar), Nelcos, Poirier, Reliants, Renaults, Sinclairs,Trabant, Trilox, Tippen etal

inacoma

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2007, 08:58:01 PM »
Hi Ian

Thanks for the extra info.

Was Eden Rock a French name then ?

Nice to see a post from a new user on the forum. What cars do you have ?

Best wishes

John

cuscus47

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2007, 11:30:41 AM »
Hello John: Thanks for the welcome.  My mind is not working as it should - I have heard the term Eden Roc before, but just cannot place where right now. Don't know if it is relevant to Bianchina's specifically or elsewhere.  When I remember I'll post it.  I have many cars and over the years you will discover what. If it has wheels, I probably have it, or at least is on my wish list. Pertinant to RUM, what would fit would be my Invacar, Nelco, Reliant Regals and Robin, Goggomobil, Sinclairs, Eshelman, Autobianchis and so forth.  Ian.
AC, Acoma, Argsons, Arola, Batricars, Bianchina, Carter, Citroens, Cushmans, Dafs, ElectricPal, ElectricShopper, Elswick, Eshelman, Everest, Goggo, Harding, Invacar, Levesons, Lloyd, Marketeer, Model 70's (AC, Invacar), Nelcos, Poirier, Reliants, Renaults, Sinclairs,Trabant, Trilox, Tippen etal

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2007, 09:07:29 PM »
Are any of your cars actually on the Register?  If not please can we have them?  Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

cuscus47

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2007, 10:58:10 AM »
Hello Jean: I would be glad to put some on the register.  I have already dowloaded the forms quite a while ago, but just procrastinating and waiting an opportunity for better photos.  I am still a little confused on what cars to put on for the requirements seem vague.  What ones would you like? I know the Invacar, Nelco and Goggo would be ok, but what about the Sinclairs, Lloyd, AB's, Reliant's, 2CV, 4CV ? All under 750cc. Then of course 850cc is too large such as the Robins, minis, etal? What about Eshelman's etc?  Thanks, Ian.  I forgot to include Trabants and Daf's!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 11:24:10 AM by cuscus47 »