Author Topic: Attica 200  (Read 6088 times)

wilksie

• Quite Chatty
Attica 200
« on: May 15, 2011, 03:56:09 PM »
http://cgi.ebay.de/FULDAMOBIL-200-ATTICA-NOBEL-/140549257099?pt=Automobile&hash=item20b963778b#ht_500wt_951

This Attica / Fuldamobil / Nobel is for sale in Greece. The front seat and the rear window appear to be missing. It doesn't say whether the Heinkel engine can be resuscitated. The same vendor is offering a BMW 600.
Lloyd LP400
"If you are mad, this is your car."

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
Re: Attica 200
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 06:56:04 PM »
http://cgi.ebay.de/FULDAMOBIL-200-ATTICA-NOBEL-/140549257099?pt=Automobile&hash=item20b963778b#ht_500wt_951

This Attica / Fuldamobil / Nobel is for sale in Greece. The front seat and the rear window appear to be missing. It doesn't say whether the Heinkel engine can be resuscitated. The same vendor is offering a BMW 600.

Nice! I know the guy who found it, it was in a scrapyard, I have pics of them rescuing it from there, even when its on top of other cars!

Jonathan
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 11:39:27 PM »
I'd love to have a go at that!
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 10:20:56 AM »
YOU CANNOT BE SERIUS !!!  ;D
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 08:03:05 AM »
No, he is Rusty Chrome! In memory of Leslie Nielson there.

There was one floating about in Britain somewhere. It was imported by an AA guy from Bracknell way if I remember correctly. He visited me several times looking at my stock but wanting something 'cheaper but very unusual'. Firstly he bought the worlds only LHD three wheeled bubbletop Isetta (from Alan Tozzer of Henley, or certainly one of his creations I think)..... This he drove to several Wyvern Pubnights (like the Pheonix Pubnights at Hartney Wintney) off the A34 where he anounced a plan to buy cars from Greece. I advised against this, having looked into it as what could be bought very cheap would cost a fortune to export in fees and logistics. Then he bought an Attica and Attila from a Greek Island. He fetched these back by trailer and it cost a small fortune - £3k? including backhanders to officials who invented reasons he could not do things. These appeared unrestored at a few meetings like Dave Tadman's Kent job where it was against the newly restored Bob Purton Inter which came from me. Sadly chum died young and the cars moved on. I failed to get the cars.
They later appeared at the Bubblecar Museum and seem to be owned by Andy Carter and Mike Cooper but I do not recall who had which. I still fancied doing the Heinkel fourwheeler approach as I am fairly convinced it would be a better car than the Sachs engined machines at the time of the auction there. It was still more than I would pay and since I have lost track of them as I am no longer interested in either project. NO idea what happened to the Isetta and if it is still a three wheeler.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 08:19:16 AM »
I remember those Greek cars, I'm sure they were for sale for some time advertised in Rumcar News. LIke a lot of cars back then nobody was interested at the time. Daves Kent rally was fun, I think that was the first time I saw a Decsa lisa [is that right?] from San Marino.

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2011, 06:06:57 PM »
I remember those Greek cars, I'm sure they were for sale for some time advertised in Rumcar News. LIke a lot of cars back then nobody was interested at the time. Daves Kent rally was fun, I think that was the first time I saw a Decsa lisa [is that right?] from San Marino.

... which were also imported to France as the Lambretta Lisa :)
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

wilksie

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2011, 01:19:54 PM »
Personally, I am not keen on 10% deposits in 24 hours, especially since a couple of years ago I saw the same Isetta offered within two days of each other in the UK and in another European country. But I'm sure it's all OK and the vendor has just had a bad experience in the past.
Lloyd LP400
"If you are mad, this is your car."