Author Topic: the Villiers ignition test unit  (Read 4241 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
the Villiers ignition test unit
« on: September 08, 2014, 07:41:51 PM »
Found at beaulieu and sure to be of some interest ,Bob possibly , : " this unit provides a simple method of testing ignition coils and condensers , either in with on the stator plate ,which need not be removed from the engine  "
 I have never seen one before , has anyone else ever used one ? Or indeed seen one , its a nice piece of work  ;)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 07:48:45 PM by richard »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
Re: the Villiers ignition test unit
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 07:58:27 PM »
Good find, new to me, but a little birdie has told me that you were very eagle-eyed at Beaulieu!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 08:06:29 PM »
Well I do love it all but buy too much ! I hope that people will want what I found for them  ;)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 09:34:02 PM »
I have a similar set up which was made to test the electrics of the Sachs reversing engine. However it is not nearly as nice as this being home made and put inside an old Dansette record player! The case has very bad woodworm. So mine is totally worthless save that it performs a function. I also have a rather nice wood cased Hella component test rig. It does not do capacitor or coils though. It will test flasher units, handy. Nice things to keep, and allow borrowing 'on the premises'.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2014, 05:36:24 PM »
The label underneath says its a Runebaken coil/condenser test/unit and there is a plate to that effect . The instructions were printed March 1960

Mark Green

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2014, 10:59:09 PM »
Nice looking old piece of test equipment! What type of lenses will you find at the NMCR?
1958 FriskySport

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2014, 06:56:49 AM »
NMCR is not the place to "find" parts , I imagine I will see pretty much well known items

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2014, 08:36:11 PM »
Oddly enough I have just bought an original broadsheet advert for the same device , on eBay where else, the original machine when new in 1960 it cost £ 18

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2014, 06:25:10 PM »
i saw this in an ad for an HT coil just connected up to show the coil was working - the same thing ? but a little later ? 

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2014, 08:53:53 PM »
the advertising sheet