Author Topic: Heinkel in pieces  (Read 2799 times)

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
Heinkel in pieces
« on: February 19, 2013, 04:30:39 AM »
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/271156497335

I'm not interested in this, but a friend is.  If it was an Isetta I could look at it and tell what was missing or what to look out for.
I know next to nothing about Heinkels, never mind a 4-wheel version.

I'm not looking for what it is worth, but what may be wrong or missing given the information presented.
Neither of us are near where it is located so inspection is not really possible.

Someone gave up on this for whatever reason, or it got repossessed from a shop...or perhaps it was purchased from overseas crated like this intended for resale in the USA ?
That would sort of explain why it is already crated.
I have to assume some things are missing when it got packed up.  Cars sold as a pile of parts are always missing things.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 04:48:06 AM by Jim Janecek »

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: Heinkel in pieces
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 08:18:21 AM »
I know the seller. It is crated ready to leave the USA! Yep, it is not all one way traffic and the discerning collector knows a good thing when he sees it. You all missed this car when it came up for sale in your back yard a few years back.

Since there was an auction of wealthy nutters down the road it was obvious to offer it to the market prior to shipping it back to Europe in case someone wanted one of the rarest forms of Heinkel. I cannot comment on what is missing, if anything. Best talk to the owner on that. Blink and you will miss it.

How many cars come with there own box?

Cars sold as complete often have too many damned bits on them. The owners should get together with those in bits. Chortle.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 01:52:22 PM »
Blink and you will miss it.

miss what? buying the car, or seeing what is missing?

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 07:29:17 AM »
Miss an opportunity, I think.
No idea how you look at it. I believe it is crated at a shippers store so it is what it is as the owner is not there to 'open' the crate. WEll ready to be moved to a new owner though.

However I think he has about made his mind up to keep it, after the strong showing by Heinkels in the auction, as it is a major factor in if he completes his sub collection of Treinkels or not. It seems there is quite a few other things to come back associated to his business, so a container could be leaving shortly. Might be an opportunity of shared transport there.

Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs