Author Topic: Kleinschnittger  (Read 4142 times)

blob

• Prolific Poster

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
Re: Kleinschnittger
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 01:22:36 PM »
The nose looks a bit strange to me. Am I wrong?

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 04:28:50 PM »
Well spotted Ferdi! I know practically zero about these though it has the same windscreen as Bruce's 55 model, so could it be later versions carried this grill? Wasn't there a Dutch one?

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 08:08:48 PM »
The nose looks a bit strange to me. Am I wrong?

The vents on the nose should wrap around the sides and front wings look to be far less curvaceous than all the other examples that I've seen photos of - there is also an obvious protrusion around the headlamps on most examples.
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2010, 12:38:27 AM »
Well spotted Ferdi! I know practically zero about these though it has the same windscreen as Bruce's 55 model, so could it be later versions carried this grill? Wasn't there a Dutch one?

Just got further informations by the current owner. Front part, and as well the front wings were modified in the early 80th !

jackiep

• Chatty
Re: Kleinschnittger & The SNOW
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2010, 09:58:02 PM »
Its good that another example, although not perfect , has been restored & running .
Much better than being left to rust ...
  My little bubble is snugged away from the snow & I'm hoping as soon as the weather improves that I can take it
  for its MOT . At present I cant even get my Corsa out of the drive . The snow on my drive is at least 15" deep.
          I think I will have to start digging out tomorrow .
          How is everyone else coping ? Please advise ???? Jackie

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2010, 10:02:03 PM »
frost but had no REAL snow at all

oops Liverpool, England
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 10:41:24 PM by lightweight dickie »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2010, 08:52:27 AM »
Minimal in Oxfordshire too. Here we are generally drier and have less snow than those directly north and south of us. It does seem to be an East thing this time and is one of the probs of being that side of the country, historically. The North sea is cold, the gulf stream less so. It is fascinating how local weather patterns repeat. The Cumbria coast line has nothing like the rain of the Lake District and minimal frost as it has gulf stream basting it. The Isle of Arun has a balmy climate off the hills for the same reason. Palm trees grow around Inverue which is pretty much the last protected mooring before Cape Wrath up the top of Scotland. The East coast does not have regular wet gales of the Atlantic coast but does have the icy blasts from the Artic. Weather is one of those things most folk do not include in their house hunt and it can make a huge difference to life. You pays your money and takes your choice but I prefer regular mild gales to occasional freezing. Mind you when you hear that the majority of Surrey gritter drivers live outside Surrey and could not get to work because of the snow you do begin to wonder at the sanity of the things even making the best of private choices!
Thanks to Eric Oulthwaite who can supply more in depth weather annalysis if your interested.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs