Author Topic: newbie  (Read 3058 times)

shaneb1001

• Just Starting
« on: October 04, 2010, 02:53:37 AM »
Hi,

I am new to the forum, my name is Shane from Cairns Australia. I have just purchased the Lightburn Zeta Sport, previously owned by Zetasport (Robin). I intend restoring her back to her original show room condition. The talk of this car being the prototype, is yet to be determined.

In my opinion and a few other people i have spoken with, it is actually the first production. The petrol tank and filler are completely different to other Zeta Sports, and there is an outline( for want of a better word ) a bulge behind drivers seat, like the Frisky Sprint. The seats themselves are also different being they also look similar to the Frisky Sprint. It also has bottom hinged doors, as per the Sprint.

Can anybody describe what the fuel tank in the Frisky Sprint prototypes look like? and where was it positioned? If anybody has ANY knowledge of this Zeta Sport it would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks Shane

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
Re: newbie
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 07:54:50 AM »
Hello Shane, sorry I cannot help but welcome to the forum and good luck with your restoration.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

john Meadows

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 09:26:42 PM »
Hello Shane . as I expect you all ready know an excellent the source of Zeta Sport information in Australia is Fred Diwell who can be contacted on microcarscooter@skymesh.com.au

Regarding the Frisky Sprint there were not “several” prototypes. Only one Sprint  was ever built, it was designed by Gordon Bedson and built by my good friend Keith Peckmore at Meadows in Wolverhampton in 1958 and contrary to popular belief it never left the UK. 

A wider chassis to take a 700cc Royal Enfield two cylinder four stroke engine was designed but  was not taken any further.

Gordon had several quality issues with Lightburn which included their decision not to incorporate doors in the Zeta Sport, which resulted in him eventually parting company with them. Keith by then having already returned to the UK.

Keith is not “on the Web” but if you care to contact me direct  at john.meadows1898@btinternet.com I will be happy to have a word with him for you.

Regards
John Meadows
The Frisky Register

shaneb1001

• Just Starting
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 12:26:13 AM »
Hi John,

Thank you for your reply, and for your generous offer to talk with Keith, it is appreciated. I will forward some photos of fuel tank, tank positioning, seats and doors. Maybe Keith may remember the car as it is so different to the other Zeta Sports.

Thanks Shane