Author Topic: Tony's Messerschmitt  (Read 46389 times)

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
Re: Tony's Messerschmitt
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2011, 02:59:33 PM »
Yes, not surprising really as you would have to spend another 5K to restore it fully and you can buy a restored one for 10-12k at the moment. I dare say Tony was testing the water.

Just like you can but a mint Inter for 5 grand. Oh behayve Bob!

You had a cracking KR.  Your buyer should be a happy chappy.  I'll take as many as I can get for ten like that..

Here's the real world... 

http://www.classicdriver.com/uk/find/4100_results.asp?bsubmit=true&lmanufacturer=10088&lCarID=1837097

Same old Perry, still trying to talk up the value of his portfolio! 
The real world is the one in which the cars actually get sold, not the one of think of a price, treble it and then wonder why it didnt sell!

As I keep saying, the new generation of micro "enthusiasts" if I can call them so just keep talking about value. They dont talk as much about there "microcar stories" apart from winning the concourse cup... Value isnt everything! If you want to talk about value, join the Bentley owners club.

Luckily, I act more like the real enthusiasts, I prefer talking about all of the anorak facts, and dont like the over restored cars as much!
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2011, 04:29:41 PM »
Sell your Peels and then you can get a TG500.

Simples!
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2011, 04:44:04 PM »
Hands up, I was wrong about Scootacars, it was denial because I made the mistake of selling my two. I'm right about schmitts though,  prices has dipped right now. There are a few about that just wont budge, a nice one in Essex too!  The prices will recover I'm sure but in the meantime, dont go playing with sharp knives of near the edge of any cliffs, I know how much values mean to you! ;)

Ok.  The TG500.

I want one. 

Problem?  they are I estimate now 90 grand sterling.  That's a cast iron fact.  You can wish and babble as much as you want about that but that's the bottom line.

I simply will not pay that but a German will.

All this "enthusiasts" spiel and "it was better in the old days" blah blah just doesn't wash. 

You have to be an enthusiast to want one. Now or then.  Probably .0001% buy a car simply to throw a cover over and let it accrue money.  If I had space I'd probably get a Trojan etc but I'm topped out.

Simple.

If you really want a TG500 dont look in the UK. Still some to be found in Germany, good luck ;)

My dad discovered one in Africa that had a spare engine.

As Rob said, sell the Peels. You get a lot more fun with a TG than a couple of Peels.
Mopeds:

Daniel Rodd

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2011, 05:13:05 PM »
sounds like a plan,after all,youve told us all many times how much they are worth and how big a que of people there are who will pay silly money for them. :D

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2011, 06:08:39 PM »
Nice diversion Perry but we weren't talking about TG500s were we, it was KR200 and there current faltering values that were under discussion.

"I'll take as many as I can get for ten like that.."   So would I but I didn't sell mine for ten.

Not in the least bit interested in TG's or Peels, I do like your Riley though! Malaguti Olympique? Now I do fancy one of them!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 06:12:19 PM by Bob Purton »

NickPoll

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2011, 08:33:30 PM »
I guess I better join this thread now.  Of all the micros I've owned or driven over the years, I have to say in my opinion that the Tg is tops. It has an engine that's bullet proof if driven sensibly ( most Tg's have their original motors with high mileages ). The high pitched whistle from the fans whizzing around at 11,000rpm ( twice crankshaft speed ) is addictive.  The ali trim that flows over the wings, the stone guards, the curvacious wing shape is what makes these cars special. The handling is unreal, brakes are excellent The photos of Fritz Fend racing them in the 50's are brilliant.  It's a shame that there weren't more built to keep the values down, then more could witness the experience.
Bob, I'll be going to the schmitt rally in UK next summer and you are more than welcome to take my car for a proper test drive if we can meet up. You never know, it may change your opinion on them, as long as you can 'double de clutch' with the crash gearbox.    Nick.
Messerschmitt Tiger 500, KR201 roadster, 1955 KR200, 1958 KR200, 1959 KR200, 1964 KR200, Nobel 200, Morgan Super Sports, Goggo Coupe, Isetta 300, Velorex 350, Bond mk D, Lomax.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2011, 10:23:39 PM »
Thats a brave offer Nick! And a very kind one too. If I can make it I will but I dont have a schmitt to go in and I cant even take the Inter as I have loaned it to the Coopers for the grand opening of the new museum. Trouble is if I do like it I will be frustrated because I couldnt afford one, especially as Perry has now raised the official price to 90K cast in concrete!!

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2011, 11:16:51 PM »
Thats a brave offer Nick! And a very kind one too. If I can make it I will but I dont have a schmitt to go in and I cant even take the Inter as I have loaned it to the Coopers for the grand opening of the new museum. Trouble is if I do like it I will be frustrated because I couldnt afford one, especially as Perry has now raised the official price to 90K cast in concrete!!

Can he raise the price of Nobels while hes at it?  ;D

Mopeds:

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2011, 10:26:29 AM »
[quote author=Bob Purton link=topic=3075.msg20153#msg20153 date=132446425

Same old Perry, still trying to talk up the value of his portfolio! 
The real world is the one in which the cars actually get sold, not the one of think of a price, treble it and then wonder why it didnt sell!

[/quote]

He works in the City where this has become the new way to balance the national debts and underwrite the currencies. Its an easy mistake to make. Little bit political there, coming in.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2011, 11:07:35 AM »
"A TG's a load of agg.  You have to really want one of those on several levels.

I'll pass."

"What's my vested interest in a TG? I haven't got one. I WANT one.  It would finish off my collection.  "

"Can you talk TG's down please.  Who wants this old junk?  Just a load of nutters that stand in the fields in the summer."

LOL

Mopeds:

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2011, 11:15:45 AM »
Heres mine,and no,im not painting it :D

perfect for chucking classic mopeds in the back too  ;D

What is this thing doing on here? 

How's it a micro?  four wheels and a big water-cooled in line four cylinder engine.   

REGISTER OF UNUSUAL MICROCARS.   

I think this forum is more for people to have fun, instead of one person trying to act like a "know it all", telling people what to not put on the forum, and keeps talking about the value of his cars.

I wonder who that is.
Mopeds:

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2011, 11:44:53 AM »
Looks like someone deleted his posts.
Mopeds:

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2011, 11:56:16 AM »
HO - HO - HO! Fell out of his pram?  Nappy Christmas.  :D ;D
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 11:58:24 AM by Rob Dobie »
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2011, 12:12:41 PM »
We shouldnt castigate Perry too much, after all he is a genuine enthusiast, a little sparring is harmless enough but we dont want to alienate anyone from the forum, beside that he is a chum of mine.

ps, I didnt delete his posts.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2011, 12:20:11 PM »
At the risk of confusing worth with value.

Until recently most microcars ranked their values to drivability with a little allowance for rarity. Not surprising the Schmitts were doing well, Tigers streaked ahead, like them or loath them. THey also had a good club structure. Enough folks in the market were buyers and thought they were going to drive them so a shortage of cars and a rise in prices. The situation is changing, and has been for sometime. KR200's are not rare and the club structure is becoming a little fractured. If KR200 are to become not driven why would their value continue to be in advance of the rare and unusable twonk that turns the head of the collector? In real terms they could become a microcar bargain with the proviso that microcars as a area of vehicles are highly collectable meaning none of them were cheap in comparison to the whole classic car market. In that Perry represents the developed collector/investors viewpoint. Daniel and co represent the opposing view and wish that the cars were affordable still.

I was out and about yesterday and two people of independent background who's views I take seriously both suggested Schmitt prices are not what they were and they were not sure if they represented the gilt edged investment they always used too. Thinking about it as I drove I can see their point. The only thing that remains the same is change.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs