Author Topic: The Meadows Frisky - Info  (Read 4645 times)

john Meadows

• Quite Chatty
The Meadows Frisky - Info
« on: July 09, 2012, 10:54:34 PM »
Just to let those of you who may be interested know, I have posted two new articles on the Frisky Website

I am often asked "what else did Meadows do apart from the Frisky?" The answer is one hell of a lot!

Info can be found under  The Frisky Register/ Meadows

At long last I have been able to upload David Youngs excellent Australian aricle on Gordon Bedson, this is written from an aviation viewpoint rather than that of the car designer we are used to. Bedson was a man of many talents.

Info can be found under    People/Gordon Bedson aviation

All on   www.meadowsfrisky.co.uk 

John Meadows

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
Re: The Meadows Frisky - Info
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 08:23:53 AM »
A great read, thanks John.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

john Meadows

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 07:55:01 PM »
Thanks for your kind words Marcus, its hard work and I do it because I enjoy it, but I must admit it makes all the difference to hear its appreciated

regards John

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 08:36:48 PM »
No problem, your efforts were well-worth it in my opinion!
My dad was Observer/Navigator in Fleet Air Arm. Flew in many planes but mostly Fairey Swordfish, Albacores and Barracudas. One of his pilots was Laurence Olivier, extremely popular with everyone, but totally wild, and after bending a few planes, doing outlandish tricks and even "borrowing" one to take his girlfriend to lunch it was felt he would do more for the war effort by making patriotic films than by abusing aircraft. Dad completed his training and was waiting in port for an aircraft carrier to take him to the Pacific theatre when two big bombs were dropped, and two days after the second one he was de-mobbed.

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 08:38:07 PM »
Very much appreciated John. Keep up the good work.  :)
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 07:37:12 AM »
No problem, your efforts were well-worth it in my opinion!
My dad was Observer/Navigator in Fleet Air Arm. Flew in many planes but mostly Fairey Swordfish, Albacores and Barracudas. One of his pilots was Laurence Olivier, extremely popular with everyone, but totally wild, and after bending a few planes, doing outlandish tricks and even "borrowing" one to take his girlfriend to lunch it was felt he would do more for the war effort by making patriotic films than by abusing aircraft. Dad completed his training and was waiting in port for an aircraft carrier to take him to the Pacific theatre when two big bombs were dropped, and two days after the second one he was de-mobbed.

Nukes and biplanes, was it the same war? Extraordinary looking back.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2012, 08:22:26 AM »
It certainly is a contrast Al! My Dad was set to go operational in Fairey Barracudas, a mono-plane torpedo dive bomber. When diving operationally (he did many training dives) his job was to slide back the canopy, stand up on a little shelf and look over the top of the pilot's canopy to observe and report any incoming shells from ships' guns, or enemy aircraft, and advise the pilot which way to steer to try and avoid hits The idea being that the pilot could concentrate on the target. Talk about "in the line of fire"!

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2012, 02:42:58 PM »
Hello John,
Found this picture of 88 EPT in a 1979 copy of M&S Pictorial History of Cars. As you know I owned the Frisky in 1976. The photo was taken in August 1976 at a Historical Vehicle Rally in East Sussex by a photographer who was with I believe M. Worthington-Williams. They asked me to push it away from the line of cars and then wipe the cow dung from the wheel that I had just pushed it through before taking the shot!
Rob.
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

john Meadows

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2012, 07:26:39 PM »
Hi Bob
its sitting safely in my garage and has been for the past 30+ years.
Its my reference car as most of it is original apart from the bits you and Malcolm T did!
It has to be one of the few F3s that are still mostly original and we need a few of those

I'll dig it out one day and reunite you with it

regards
John

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2012, 12:59:47 PM »
John,
I'm glad she is in good hands still John. It would be great to see her again one day.
Rob.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 01:07:22 PM by Rob Dobie »
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

john p

• Occasional
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2012, 09:39:42 PM »
Having been familiar with bubble cars from an early age ,we had a trojan as a family car when i was very young .It followed after a Norton Big 4  with a double adult watsonian sidecar  ,a bit like a bike with a small caravan attached however i digress,That picture of the Frisky in the book  was the first clue i had that they had ever existed and i rather liked the look of it.When i had the chance to obtain one i snapped it up a good few years ago now  ,i must thank John Meadows for his assistance over the years i will get it finished John perhaps the fact it won,t need an MOT  will spur me on.It all started with that picture.

john Meadows

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2012, 11:10:52 PM »
Hi Jon, I look forward to seeing it one day. Theres plenty more Frisky stuff available when you need it. One thing you can say its better than money in the bank these days!! Do you realise next year it will have been 20 years since it was put on the Frisky Register!!! My how time flys, even I was young and Frisky back then, oh happy days!
regards John