Author Topic: Mystery Micro  (Read 5897 times)

blob

• Prolific Poster
Mystery Micro
« on: April 11, 2008, 02:31:33 PM »

cuscus47

• Quite Chatty
Re: Mystery Micro
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 02:46:01 PM »
 :) That is fantastic. Wish it was available "in the flesh".
Here's the picture.

Does this qualify for one of the "snowy pictures"? ;D
AC, Acoma, Argsons, Arola, Batricars, Bianchina, Carter, Citroens, Cushmans, Dafs, ElectricPal, ElectricShopper, Elswick, Eshelman, Everest, Goggo, Harding, Invacar, Levesons, Lloyd, Marketeer, Model 70's (AC, Invacar), Nelcos, Poirier, Reliants, Renaults, Sinclairs,Trabant, Trilox, Tippen etal

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 04:57:46 PM »
Ah! it is a Felber, having only ever seen this picture I wasn't sure:

However I've just spotted this:

I guess it could qualify for 'Snowy Micros'.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2008, 07:13:39 PM »
I like these! Made in Vienna I believe? As I remember they have a twin cylinder Rotax engine and not underpowered like most microcars of the period. I owned a frisky briefly that had the villiers twin and I have to say that the little bit of extra power made driving it a pleasure! How a motor like that could have enhanced some other cars, the Noble comes to mind. Two stroke twins just appear to have been used in cars like Berkeleys , Coronets, Goggo's that were the next size and weight up anyway so ended up just as underpowered[excluding TG500's]. I suppose keeping costs down was paramount.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 07:26:53 PM by bobbybubble »

Dan Rodd

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2008, 08:59:57 PM »
i seem to remember watching a documentary about it on sky once,the chap in the pic of the colour pic owns the only known examples of each mark of Felber,somewhat suprising considering there were a good few hundred or so made.

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2008, 09:27:32 PM »
 It looks to me like the face of the bloke in the colour pictures been digitally messed about with for internet privicy reasons. (I suspect its off the Dutch micro club's site?)  I think the chap you're refering to, Daniel, might be another one of my personal heros; Dr. Norbert Mylius of the RRRollipops museum of Austria.  ;D  He's got at least five Felbers, which, as far as I understand, is five/sixths of the total sum of surviving Felbers!  (Now who's going to be first to prove that statement wrong?.....)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2008, 09:37:25 PM »
Digitaly messed about with? He looks perfect normal to me, well, as normal as a bloke could look after covering a few hundred miles in a Felber! Unless its his beard thats confusing you.

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2008, 09:47:45 PM »
 I've saved a copy of this picture in "my pictures" & blown it up to study, & it defenatly has a swirll superimposed over the face on my computer! Can nobody else see it?! odd!.   :(

cuscus47

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2008, 10:33:12 PM »
........ has a swirll superimposed over the face ..........

I also blew it up and it looks like a grey beard blowing in the wind, with a slightly brownish tinge aound the moustache and lower lip, which may look like a "swirl", or "swirll"?? Look at the car, not the face. I wouldn't care if the guy had two heads, it's still a great micro.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 10:44:32 PM by cuscus47 »
AC, Acoma, Argsons, Arola, Batricars, Bianchina, Carter, Citroens, Cushmans, Dafs, ElectricPal, ElectricShopper, Elswick, Eshelman, Everest, Goggo, Harding, Invacar, Levesons, Lloyd, Marketeer, Model 70's (AC, Invacar), Nelcos, Poirier, Reliants, Renaults, Sinclairs,Trabant, Trilox, Tippen etal

inacoma

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2008, 10:39:02 PM »
Hi

I can't see a swirl, it just looks like a slightly blured image.

didn't know father christmas had a microcar museum  ;)

John

g-o-g-g-o

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2008, 10:48:11 PM »
Hi
   Its Dr Mylus photographes at the Sweedish microcar club meeting  at Trollhatton in the late 90's, I know because I was there. from memory there were only 40 - 50 Felbers produced .

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2008, 11:24:18 PM »
Yep, we know that Mike but more importantly, does he have a swirl? :)
Whilst we are talking about image distortions have you noticed that both Johns Heinkel and my Inter signature thumbnails are both stretched vertically out of proportion?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 11:28:55 PM by bobbybubble »

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2008, 04:17:03 AM »
Whilst we are talking about image distortions have you noticed that both Johns Heinkel and my Inter signature thumbnails are both stretched vertically out of proportion?

they are not "stretched vertically", they are "squished horizontally" because the signature thumbnails are supposed to be a SQUARE size image (like the one I made for you before)

if the image you link to is wider than it is high, the image will be "squished" to fit.
if the original image was tall and thin, THEN it would be "stretched" to fit proportionately.

"unsquished:"

the forum software creators could have made the image size be a proper 4x3 aspect ratio but for some reason there is some sort of fascination with "square" images in the graphics community.
Unfortunately for the rest of us it means creating custom "square" images or putting up with having them "squished".

inacoma

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2008, 10:53:59 AM »
Hi

Good job someone understans computers.

It's all too much for me  ???

Bobs Inter is looking good.

John

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2008, 01:53:54 PM »
Thanks Jim for explaining that. I have now with the aid of the editing system managed to unsquish it. I just took a fresh photo but from further away and then squared it up.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 01:55:48 PM by bobbybubble »