Author Topic: Marketour  (Read 2826 times)

blob

• Prolific Poster
Marketour
« on: May 24, 2009, 12:13:25 PM »

cuscus47

• Quite Chatty
Re: Marketour
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 01:13:31 PM »
The Marketour is more common than the Marketeer, but anyway, why abuse it by lengthening it and putting in a go-cart engine  >:( .  Ken Weger has a Marketour although he describes it as a Marketeer. They do look slightly similar.  I have a red Marketeer.  Any electric three-wheeler is fun to drive.  I wonder how this one handles with the internal combustion engine and foot control?  Different strokes for different folks.   :-\ Ian.
AC, Acoma, Argsons, Arola, Batricars, Bianchina, Carter, Citroens, Cushmans, Dafs, ElectricPal, ElectricShopper, Elswick, Eshelman, Everest, Goggo, Harding, Invacar, Levesons, Lloyd, Marketeer, Model 70's (AC, Invacar), Nelcos, Poirier, Reliants, Renaults, Sinclairs,Trabant, Trilox, Tippen etal

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 06:49:32 PM »
Dear Ian

At the Rally at Madison last weekend there was a Marketeer with I think was an 18HP B&S twin engine in the back, which seemed to go quite well.

Perhaps Jim has a good picture of it?

Chris Thomas

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 09:02:08 PM »
here is the one that showed up:

note the fancy paint job with black marker "flames":

The owner had no clue what it actually was or what year was astounded when I dropped a printed copy of this brochure from 1949 on the seat:
(it is not the exact model he has, but close enough)

I am glad they came, they had a great time tearing around in it.

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2009, 09:29:07 PM »
Thanks Jim

Note also the modern scooter front forks and wheel, and the wider rear track to make it more stable. It still had the tiller steering.

Chris Thomas

bruetsch-freak

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2009, 06:56:11 PM »
These are my favourites of all the Marteteers ;D

Always looking for everything in connection with Egon Bruetsch!!!! Photos, brochures, letters, articles, drawings ....... Also to the licenses of Bruetsch like Belcar, Avolette, Rollera, France Jet etc.