Author Topic: Micro Mania and Tricky Trikes?  (Read 2314 times)

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
Micro Mania and Tricky Trikes?
« on: October 28, 2012, 07:18:52 PM »
My ancient mate Ernie brought round some old motoring mags today. In a 1989 issue of "Restoring Classic Cars" there is a three page article about a youthfull Gordon Fitzgerald and "His obsession for these oddities", with pictures of his Peel P50 & Trident, Trojan, Bond 850 and Gordon. Also in an issue of Motor dated August 17th 1974 is a six page Special Report "How Tricky Are The Trikes?". With pictures, it is a for or against report on the Invalid Tricycle. A very informative article for 1974. (Not one for Bob though)  ;D

Shame I can't get through to Stuart on the phone or email. Must have vacated the Planet.  ???
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: Micro Mania and Tricky Trikes?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 07:27:21 PM »
stretching a point rob to say a "youthful" Gordon Fitzgerald in 1989  :) i dont think Stuart was even born by 1974 ! in fact i am sure he wasn't OMG  :o
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2012, 07:55:04 PM »
stretching a point rob to say a "youthful" Gordon Fitzgerald in 1989  :) i dont think Stuart was even born by 1974 ! in fact i am sure he wasn't OMG  :o

Stuart wasn't but the mag was.

The picture of Gordon F. with cars. He looks younger than I did in '89.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 07:58:50 PM by Rob Dobie »
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 07:24:05 AM »
My ancient mate Ernie brought round some old motoring mags today. In a 1989 issue of "Restoring Classic Cars" there is a three page article about a youthfull Gordon Fitzgerald and "His obsession for these oddities", with pictures of his Peel P50 & Trident, Trojan, Bond 850 and Gordon. Also in an issue of Motor dated August 17th 1974 is a six page Special Report "How Tricky Are The Trikes?". With pictures, it is a for or against report on the Invalid Tricycle. A very informative article for 1974. (Not one for Bob though)  ;D

Shame I can't get through to Stuart on the phone or email. Must have vacated the Planet.  ???

The 'phone was working for incoming calls but not out going/internet. Maybe the whole thing is dead now. Last I heard they were being offered some emergency service so maybe that is a different number. Could not comment on why this disruption is occurring, merely reporting factoids.

The lads round here have seen little of Root either even at our weekly DPs meeting at Dave's. Seems to have dropped out a bit, but then it is the closed season. He was to be helping Tony Marshall who was back for another load of stuff in the renewed truck while having to attend ongoing health demands. It is thus slightly possible he is in France. Ian and I attempted to get him to Mannheim and found a way for him to do so for 30 euros but he was not keen, so I doubt it.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2012, 10:15:41 AM »
Rob, Can you save those articles and if you don't want them they can go into the RUM archives, I certainly have not got the one about Gordon Fitzgerald.  Thanks a lot Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars