Author Topic: Heinkel Kabine 175  (Read 3191 times)

inacoma

Heinkel Kabine 175
« on: April 07, 2008, 11:40:50 PM »
Hi

Interesting early German Heinkel with the smaller engine.

Never heard of welding stainless steel into a ferous monocoque before ?

John

cuscus47

• Quite Chatty
Re: Heinkel Kabine 175
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 10:48:19 AM »
Hello John: Do we have a number or link? ??? Ian.
AC, Acoma, Argsons, Arola, Batricars, Bianchina, Carter, Citroens, Cushmans, Dafs, ElectricPal, ElectricShopper, Elswick, Eshelman, Everest, Goggo, Harding, Invacar, Levesons, Lloyd, Marketeer, Model 70's (AC, Invacar), Nelcos, Poirier, Reliants, Renaults, Sinclairs,Trabant, Trilox, Tippen etal

blob

• Prolific Poster

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 06:29:58 PM »
 ORP 503 ?!   :o  Ay up, I've got it's original front number plate in my collection!!!!!!!!  ;D  A Homo seperate-letter plate very similer in style to the well-known Bluemels plates. I got it out of Alan Hitchcock's scrap pile in 1997.........

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008, 10:00:15 PM »
I didnt think it was possible to weld stainless to mild steel. I have silver soldered the two before. Maybe its brazed? Anyhow, it doesnt exactly sound like its a bargain.

inacoma

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2008, 10:05:39 PM »
Hi

Normaly SS could be joined to SS, to attatch SS to ferous i would have expected some kind of 2 pack bonding adhesive, but this would be out of the normal bodyshop application, and not normal on cars. ?

John

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2008, 02:10:34 PM »
I think it can be done by a competent TIG welder (tungsten inert gas) . Mind you, while I was learning how to MIG weld I accidentally welded mild steel to Aluminium when the steel melted onto it and melted its way in, then the ali "hole" contracted around the molten "blob" on the end of the steel rod and locked it SOLID.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face