Author Topic: Not sold  (Read 4655 times)

P50

• Prolific Poster
Not sold
« on: April 07, 2011, 10:30:16 PM »
THESE LITTLE CARS ARE NOT MUCH BIGGER THAN THE PEELS AND I AM ASKING A FRACTION OF A PEELS PRICE.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280654793655&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

But it's not a Peel though is it?!

Like saying a Bugatti Type 35 is a bit smaller than a Ford Pilot.   ::)  
"Men of worth act like men of worth, and men of genius, who produce
things beautiful and excellent, shine forth far better when other people
praise them than when they boast so confidently of their own achievements."
-Benvenuto Cellini

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: Not sold
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 08:38:29 AM »
  It is about as accurate as a few of the Peel replicas floating about. Wrong engine, wrong bodyshell, different suspension and drive etc etc. It also has the bonus of sharing the Peel replica lack of a logbook. I would say a bargain as a Peel Replica!
  Unfortunately I was looking for replica MIni Comtesse without a reliable Sachs engine which can be bought relitively simply and other non original fittings. I have about £5,500 to £12,000 depending on degree of originality if I can find it but this Peel like car is not what I want at all, even at that price! I already own a Frisky chassised Scootacar and three wheeled Isetta Romi with stainless steel everything and they are worth getting on for £50,000. For those who wish to get in touch be reminded that I live next door to my address in a replica of my old house made out of cardboard by some nice guys from Poland who now live in the old house. Indeed these days I struggle to recognise myself in the mirror and my answer 'phone says who are you.......
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 02:05:44 PM »
So now i know i should be proud to own 2 Peels and in addition a good running  Mini Comtesse .
This Mini Comtesse fits very well to my collection of microcars,and its great fun to drive it anyway
 :)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 07:34:08 PM »
i just admired the vendors headgear - weird  :D
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2011, 08:00:14 PM »
Yet another Very RARE! sans permis Comtesse eh! Oops mustn't say that... else there'll be uproar like last time.

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2011, 09:05:41 PM »
is it me ? i regard it as possibly the ugliest of all . but then thats from a Gordon owner
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2011, 08:48:06 AM »
Yep, Ugpoo major. If it had less crinulations it might have been as small as a Peel! So it is ugly, five wheeled, not small enough to excite, useless, Bondish drive and now not 'rare'.  Ideal beginner microcar then as everyone has been complaining there is nothing cheap out there to buy. The crucial element then is are there any cheap ones? MIne was not particularly. About the price of a Type 70 Invalid Carriage. I assume the thinking is IC are cheaper than microcars as IC are bottom of the market and reviled in certain areas. Strangely the car in question at the top of the topic is owned by folk who were keenly looking for one last year I think. If so why are they selling it?
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2011, 09:31:27 PM »
Per Al,  they are pretty hideous.

The world / roads are quite fast these days and a sans permis realistically has no place on UK modern roads.  

49cc and some weight means 25mph.  OK in rural France in the late 70's 80's but today only practical for driving around a field at a show.    So is a Peel actually.  I drove my Trident late last summer here and there and to be brutally honest better to look at than to brave the Queens highway.

Aggravation.  Better off with a proper 200cc two or four stroke.  Least you can just about keep up with traffic.  (Bit scary when a thumping great white Range Rover with tints is on your rear end with an unsympathetic meathead pilot bearing down on you)            
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 09:34:00 PM by P50 »
"Men of worth act like men of worth, and men of genius, who produce
things beautiful and excellent, shine forth far better when other people
praise them than when they boast so confidently of their own achievements."
-Benvenuto Cellini

g-o-g-g-o

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2011, 09:21:28 PM »
Hi Mike
           It's a different car with the same vendor !!
                                                                                      Mike

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2011, 11:09:51 PM »
 Same old story. He was on to me every five minites a couple of months ago giving all the chat of always wanting one etyc etc & trying to get me to flog him mine, & then he gets one from France & is on to me every day wanting me to tell him chapter & verse all about these things, what did what etc etc. Then, oh look, he's ebaying it after less than a few weeks of ownership, making two grand.

Then lo & behold, he announced a week or so ago he was back off to France. Clearly to buy another Mini Comtesse (this one) & here it is on eBay within days for mega bucks.   Watch your backs Peel Owners, the Mini Comtesse's are amassing.....