Author Topic: Electric bar stool  (Read 4684 times)

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
Electric bar stool
« on: June 01, 2007, 09:46:45 PM »
Dear Friends

The ultimate electric vehicle. Drive straight up to the bar. But is it an Unusual Microcar? Ebay 170117339009

Chris Thomas

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
Re: Electric bar stool
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 10:39:41 PM »
I would say no because it is not road legal in any way shape or form.
Nor was it ever intended to be.

if you claim this as an Unusual Microcar, then you might as well include every Go-Kart ever made as well as Riding Lawn Mowers.

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2007, 01:52:52 AM »
Looks like a b..... bog mates !!!
 ;D ;D ;D

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2007, 01:00:24 PM »
Dear Newbie

I totaly agree with you. Any Microcar must be road legal, or potentially road legal.

Chris Thomas

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2007, 04:59:49 AM »
There is a collector of "Concept Cars" in the US in Wisconsin by the name of Joe Bortz.
I was talking with him once at a car event and we were discussing a contraption I had made (photographic). The conversation then turned to  a contraption he said he had originally created for use in a large empty area of a Restaurant he owned:  The Motorized Bar Stool.

Apparently patrons would race these around in a circle.  I had never heard of this feature in a Restaurant and I don't think that place is in business anymore, but it would appear that just about everyone in Wisconsin has a motorized bar stool these days.....

Some of them get built with quite a bit of torque and since many of the "drivers" are "rather large", center of gravity becomes WAY too high for decent acceleration to occur and the driver is promptly flipped over backwards when they hit the gas.

that is why they are also sold with "wheelie bars".  A popular bolt-on accessory.