Author Topic: Strange three wheeler...  (Read 10297 times)

Scootacar_mk1

• Quite Chatty
Strange three wheeler...
« on: November 14, 2012, 12:55:07 PM »
Cream Mk1 Scootacar

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: Strange three wheeler...
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 01:09:19 PM »
Seen and been offered this oddity some years ago.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 03:04:40 PM »
Interesting shape: simple curves in only one plane, but carefully shaped to give a good impression of rounded bodywork. The front view looks like something from Fritz Lang's film Metropolis
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 03:20:47 PM »
I love it!
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2012, 09:58:24 AM »
Oh, I should mention I seem to remember it is a four wheeler actually. The rear wheels being closer coupled. I did wonder if it were effectively a re-bodied early Mochet. I also wonder how well it steered. It was located in south Belgium then. The ad would suggest it never sold for the £3,000 then hoped for. Had a nice terrier styled dog. Idle for the man who likes Stieb sports sidecars and multi chine boats.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

jean-do

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2012, 08:16:45 AM »
this nice " Ford Vedette  look"  is a POCHERON, name of the builder . steering rear wheel !! ( have you ever drove a fenwick lift ??!! ) mounted on a 360 axel, that gave the car the possibility to turn  completely, or go back ... like bumper cars !
seems that only one was built ...
my birthday is in january , my dear friends ........
"Bubblecars & Scooters en Bourgogne" president
scooters & microcars addict since 1985
http://bubblecars.aero-jean-do.com
next edition : 28-30 august 2018 : ROLUX special edition !!

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2012, 08:44:37 AM »
So Flipper style but on the rear axle centre. That would explain the lack of space for a kingpin mounted wheel by the body. Novel and slightly frightening, but, hey, that's a great Microcar trick.

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2012, 08:54:35 AM »
Thanks Jean-do, do you plan to buy it? I would love to see this rare and eccentric car owned and restored by a true enthusiast.
The rear wheel steering is odd, and something you would need to be careful about if you are going at any speed. When I made my Drum Car I decided to use rear wheel steering for several reasons: between the two front wheels I needed space for the two bass drums and their pedals and for the Hihat Cymbals and their stand and pedal, I think Hihats are called Charleston in French. Also stands for the drums were there and a structural mounting point. That left little room for front wheel steering linkages, and also if the 2 front wheels had steered the chassis would have been too wide to fit through doors.

I decided that RWS would be fine as it would never exceed 18 kph (keeping it within the law to use on pavements. One time testing it freewheeling downhill I was doing about 30 kph and it was like a first drive in a KR 200....uncontrollable swerving side-to-side, and quite alarming!

The RWS DID give it a great turning circle. This is brilliant when riving it in parades because I can aim at the crowd and get really close to them so they are starting to panic, and just when they are squashed up against a building and expect to be hurt I turn 90 degrees on the spot, and always get cheers and applause from them. So yes it is like driving a fork lift truck! great fun!

jean-do

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2012, 07:36:59 PM »
hey markus,
sometimes i dream i'm Bruce Weiner and don't want to sell ever my collection !!! ^^
 yes i dream of such beautiful bubblecar , but it won't be in my prices i imagine, and  i have to restore my Inter, an d Velam for 2014 Bisbi national  rally !! ....
"Bubblecars & Scooters en Bourgogne" president
scooters & microcars addict since 1985
http://bubblecars.aero-jean-do.com
next edition : 28-30 august 2018 : ROLUX special edition !!

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2012, 08:02:27 PM »
Ah, I thought that when you mentioned your birthday soon that perhaps you were planning on buying it as a birthday present for yourself! Oh well, hope it finds a good home anyway, it is definitely an historical curio which should be saved.

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2012, 08:24:00 PM »
I think the "birthday" hint to "my friends" was a nice attempt for everyone to chip in and "surprise" him with it for his birthday.

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2012, 08:54:23 PM »
^ Exactly!

Not a very good time of year, nor a very good time of economic cycle for much chipping in though!

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2012, 09:01:29 PM »
well i hope the economy will be on the up when my April birthday arrives - start saving up friends  ;)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2012, 09:10:54 PM »
Don't worry Dickie, if we ALL chip in together, by April we might be able to afford to get you a WHOLE Tunnock's Tea Cake.

piatti

• Chatty
    • Rollermobilclub Schweiz
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2012, 06:49:35 PM »
Here are more pics of the Pocheron... The side view is not that stunning as the front view

Rollermobilclub Schweiz
www.rollermobilclub.ch