Author Topic: Messerschmitts  (Read 4992 times)

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
Messerschmitts
« on: July 27, 2010, 12:27:54 AM »

P50

• Prolific Poster
Re: Messerschmitts
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 06:26:00 AM »
The record breaker job is mindblowing detail wise.

Hmm?   33k euro reserve not met.   
"Men of worth act like men of worth, and men of genius, who produce
things beautiful and excellent, shine forth far better when other people
praise them than when they boast so confidently of their own achievements."
-Benvenuto Cellini

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 08:56:22 AM »
Record breaker is perhaps an acquired taste but someone has enjoyed building that. The Schmitt is as you want to find them to restore. Address looks wrong but the area reminds me of Frank Tuneg's (spelling) place where unlike Britain you are allowed to have your abode attached to your business unit. Such a sensible idea. The bonus is out of hours acres of empty area to play in to test out machines. If this sort of property were generally available in Britain I would be in one and much more likely to be working rather than not so I do not have interfering clipboard types hassling me about planning issues etc. Another reason we are an uncompetitive economy and so simple to change. I would like to drive a Schmitt with a mag engine, very much more responsive to tuning but requiring more skill to drive as the power increases I expect.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 09:28:03 AM »
I totally agree with you Big Al. The Schmitt is as you want to find them to restore, but the area you mentioned is not the area Frank Thunig does live. Coincidentally it was Frank himself calling me last night asking me who the vendor could be!

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 10:59:12 AM »
I bought my Trident form Frank. He does indeed have the ideal set up for a petrol head.

I'd prefer to simply live in the country away from congestion and BMW X5's....
"Men of worth act like men of worth, and men of genius, who produce
things beautiful and excellent, shine forth far better when other people
praise them than when they boast so confidently of their own achievements."
-Benvenuto Cellini

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 12:43:43 PM »

I'd prefer to simply live in the country away from congestion and BMW X5's....

One day then, more pennies earned the faster you can do it.
I could not cope with living in town, even though it was Blackheath - meant to be a good address - nor could I cope with the commute - Brands Hatch to Charlton. I had to change career to live well outside the wealth of London. A trade off many make but I am glad I chucked it in myself.
Still it pays for a nice collection of toys doesn't it?
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs