Author Topic: British Isetta/Scootacar/Nobel flasher unit  (Read 2653 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
British Isetta/Scootacar/Nobel flasher unit
« on: April 07, 2013, 05:08:40 PM »
HI Can anyone give me the correct Lucas part number for the flasher unit used on the Brighton build Isetta or Scootacar or Nobel, I'm assuming they are the same?  Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 09:50:38 AM by Bob Purton »

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Re: British Isetta/Scootacar/Nobel flasher unit
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 08:58:25 PM »
Can no one help me with this ?

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 09:27:08 PM »
To echo another VERY recent thread "have you tried the club?"

or perhaps Bromley Bubble can answer?  www.bromleybubble.com

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 10:00:42 PM »
Got a manky box with a loads of units in it. Rummage and find one that works in what I am doing. Only has to be the right watts for the load. Bit of a prob if 15w. 18w still about but 21w is used on a lot of trailers. Otherwise Schmitty originals for Schmitts. Used to have a load of new Trienkel ones which are wired differently.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 10:02:23 PM »
Hi Jim. I dont belong to the Isetta club and dont plan on joining. I did pose the same question on the Isetta world forum but they were all too interested in other topics. In a week or so I will be getting my Isetta out of storage and can get the numbers from the unit in my own car but I wanted to order one weeks ago for another project. Never mind, it will keep.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2013, 05:59:14 PM »
As its a rainy afternoon and with nothing else to do I sat at the kitchen table with a 21watt flasher unit from a tractor parts suppliers , a  bunch of wires, an illuminated lucas indicator switch and a pair of PLG lamp plus a battery of course. Now is it possible to wire up a TWO pin flasher to operate a pair of lamps and a switch repeater light? The answer is yes! I tried the way suggested on the flasher unit pack but that just resulted in the lamps working but the dash repeater staying on even in the off position! It took a while to get my head around it but once the repeater was wired in parallel and the right side of the switch wiring I got it to flash with the lamps and not stay on when in the off position. I'm feeling pretty chuffed with myself. At least I now know that I dont have to pay through the nose for a genuine NOS lucas unit, the one I used is made by RING and cost £4.50   A good afternoons work I think!

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2013, 08:10:25 PM »
well done , i wouldn't know where to start ! as you say dull wet windy afternoon , i thought the cold was bad ! all we need is for someone to post something interesting on the forum . what would i do without wine ?
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977