General Category > Unusual Microcar Discussion

BSA Ariel 3

(1/4) > >>

hotrodjon:
Unfortunately I cannot afford to buy a Microcar ( too many other projects on the go ) so I have bought a a 'Microtrike' a 1971 BSA Ariel 3 that was last taxed in 1977. I did not realise how small it was untill I put it next to my other trike project. I am looking for a workshop manual and a few bits and pieces if anybody has anything knocking about.

By zodiac10 at 2009-08-29

burford57:
Hi. 

Let me have your postal address and I'll send you a copy of the manual, handbook and parts list.  No charge - my Department is very generous with the photocopying and postage budget even if it doesn't always realise...

Regards
Nick D.

burford57:
Forgot to say spares are available from:

"Bantam" John Phelan
18 Bowshaw
Dronfield
Sheffield
S18 6GB
Tel: 01246 290021
John likes to be given a part number so the parts list will be useful for this.  Some of his prices are a tad high as some parts for the trike also fit other, more popular, motorcycles.

The tyres are 2 x 12 and were only fitted to the Ariel 3, Raleigh Wisp (got one) and the Clark Scamp (don't want one).  Don't be fobbed off if someone offers you 2 1/2 x 12 saying "They'll fit, mate".  They won't, mate, they'll foul the bodywork at the rear although you might get away with the wider size at the front.  Try Tony Etheridge in Watford 01923 231977.  Leave a message on the answerphone and he always gets back to you.  He can be a bit gruff but knows his stuff when it comes to tyres. 

Before we get picked up for going off microcar topics, have a look at the National Autocycle & Cyclemotor Club's web site www.thebuzzingclub.co.uk - there's a downloadable membership form and a forum for discussion once you've joined.  If you're anywhere near Kent over the weekend of September 26/27 come along to my cyclemotor & moped rally at Headcorn Airfield (TN27 9HX for the SatNav) near Ashford.

Regards
Nick D.

hotrodjon:
Hi Nick,
I should check my messages more often. I have just ordered a photocopy set of the workshop manual and parts list, quite cheap. I will take up your offer for a copy of the drivers handbook though as the original one I have is very tatty and there are parts that are illegible.
Thank you for the advice for the tyres, the original ones are unusable as it has stood since 1977. I have bought a new 12 - 2 1/4" tyre which I can use on the front and will check for clearance on the rear before buying any more. My postal address is :
John Wilding
10 Waltondale
Woodside
Telford
Shropshire
TF7 5NQ

marcus:
Dammit Nick! Your event at Headcorn (I love planes too!) would be a dead cert for me, but I have a gig.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version