Author Topic: model 70 invacar for sale  (Read 8956 times)

froggy

• Just Starting
model 70 invacar for sale
« on: February 17, 2008, 05:15:28 PM »
cant bring myself to modify my invacar with a bike engine so it s up on ebay.

cuscus47

• Quite Chatty
Re: model 70 invacar for sale
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 05:29:49 PM »
Hello Froggy: Why would you want to modify it with a "bike" engine?  The 500 S/P is a great bullet proof engine.  What do you think it will bring?  http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120223474045&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:Watchlink:middle:uk
AC, Acoma, Argsons, Arola, Batricars, Bianchina, Carter, Citroens, Cushmans, Dafs, ElectricPal, ElectricShopper, Elswick, Eshelman, Everest, Goggo, Harding, Invacar, Levesons, Lloyd, Marketeer, Model 70's (AC, Invacar), Nelcos, Poirier, Reliants, Renaults, Sinclairs,Trabant, Trilox, Tippen etal

froggy

• Just Starting
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 06:06:32 PM »
i have a bike engined reliant kitten and liked the idea of a v twin in the back of an invacar , price wise im after £900 for it which is what it cost me and ive re built the brakes all round

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 09:57:56 PM »
 But there's no need to bung a bike engine in a Model 70. Go out and get a Model 67 and you have the same basic shell with a bike engine already in it...........!   ::)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2008, 09:48:50 AM »
I don't think logic will work here Stuart, its the age old clash of two different ethoses , the Rumcar charter which is to preserve microcars as close to original as possible verses the custom car/hotrod mentality where the vehicle is just viewed as raw material in the hands of the "artist"! To Froggy's credit he hasn't done it, only has the urge to do it and feels the need to get it into a safer pair of hands before his desire gives birth to sin. I on the other hand am a complete hypocrite for planning to convert my schmitt to hydraulic brakes!

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2008, 01:54:52 PM »
Bobbybubble, it's your car...do what you want! Any later owner can always put back to opriginal, and with hydraulic brakes it is more likely to survive! I added (removable) extra brake lights and indicators to the back of my Trojan.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2008, 02:32:04 PM »
and with hydraulic brakes it is more likely to survive!
The purpose behind it is so to increase the chance of MY surviving! I will only do it if it can be done with no chopping about and can be put back without a trace. What no gigs today Marcus? or is it tonight? I played in a Shadows tribute band for some years until the premadona drummer left in a sulk then it fizzled out, fun while it lasted though! Fancy a job? You couldnt wear the fez though.

froggy

• Just Starting
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2008, 06:24:42 PM »
the invacar is now going to sweden :)

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2008, 10:14:29 PM »
the invacar is now going to sweden :)

And I strongly suspect who too.  Many ta's for keeping us up to date Froggy  :-*
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 11:43:33 PM by Stuart Cyphus »

The-Swedish-Viking

• The Swedish Viking
  • Just Starting
  • A Swedish 3ike collector...
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2008, 11:44:16 PM »
Ok, the suspiction was right ;D And now I have 2 AC Invacars in my small collection, 1 Reselco, 3 Reliant's (1957, 1969, 1974) plus som other monstrous 4-wheelers  ;D  ;D  ;D Oooops, I almost forgot to tell you about my 7 Kalmar Tjorven's too (Thats 1/4 of the total amount remaining of this rare Swedish Delivery Van), I have some images out on the web to look at: http://sv.netlog.com/Aristocars - Sorry the texts is only in the strange Viking language called Swedish, but click on a picture and you can look on all my cars, well some of them at least...  ::)  Frozen regards (Aah it's snowing here now) from / S.P.Z.
2 x AC Acedes Model 70 - Reselco Solocar - 57' Reliant Regal - 69' Reliant Regal - 74' Reliant SuperRobin 850 - 7 x Kalmar Tjorven - 72' Buick Riviera GS - 84' Citro