Author Topic: Something here for Triporteur  (Read 3617 times)

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster

Triporteur

• Quite Chatty
    • Online Bicycle Museum
And something for Stuart...?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 02:51:33 PM »
Thanks for that Stuart. It will go with the 100 others waiting to be added to the database. (Have been busy collecting the info but not had time to add to the site).

By the way, what is this please? Is it 1920's? I bought it just because it is so interesting (and also the Krause Picollo Trumpf was getting a bit lonely with all those able-bodied vehicles around it).

It is propelled by rocking the steering column forward and back (no doubt an acquired skill if you wish to turn the steering wheel simultaneously), and also has reverse gear!

Is it in your new book? (I'll order a copy of that please)

Col

Online Bicycle Museum - http://oldbike.eu

Online Cyclemaster Museum - http://Cyclemaster.co.uk

Sales: http://BuyVintage.co.uk

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
Re: Something here for Triporteur
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007, 03:20:06 PM »
Hello Colin, that thing there is a Poirier Maulette from France. I'm not too well up on these at the moment but I came aross another one very similer about five years ago and the chap who had it reckoned it was about 1936. Certainly no details I've found since then have done anything to convince me otherwise but I will add that, like the British stuff, these Poiriers seem to have been made for long periods of time with no real alterations. It could be '20s, it could be '30s, '40s '50s or even '60s!!!  Any opinions from you Nick Devonport as the proud owner of a 1971 version?

My book only deals with the British stuff alas, but the I.C.R is slowly making headway in expanding its general influance to cover the overseas conveyance scene as well as that of the UK.....   
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 03:25:36 PM by Stuart Cyphus »

burford57

• The Devonport Collection of Crap and Classics
  • Quite Chatty
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2007, 07:52:37 PM »
Nice to see this Poirier!  My mate Dave Beare and I brought one like this back from France
after a rally a few years ago.  He managed to graft the front forks and engine of a VeloSoleX
that I'd sold him onto it and gave it a respray.  What a beast it was, suffering alternatively from
fuel starvation and clutch slip as the weight of the machine was just too much for the engine.

My Poirier is a 1971 Manulette MS6 with a 47cc Sachs engine.  It's taxed and MoTd at the moment
so anyone passing through Dover drop me an email if you want to try it out.

Nick D.
Mitsubago L300 camper van, Honda PC50, Mobylette AV32, Mobylette AV92, Motoconfort X7, Moto Graziella Cheeky Boy, Poirier Manulette MS6 invalid trike, Puch Maxi, Raleigh Wisp, VeloSoleX 5000, VeloSoleX 3300, Power Pak, Cyclemaster & Raleigh RM6.

witney44

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2007, 08:48:55 PM »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Nick.
Leyland Sherpa camper, Bajaj Tuk Tuk, Raleigh Wisp, Mobylette AV89, VeloSoleX 5000, VeloSoleX 3300, Mobtoconfort X7, Poirier Manulette MS6 invalid trike, Puch MV50, Cyclemaster trade bike, Jincheng CH70, Puch MV50,

Honda Nippi Invalid Trike,             Secma Qpod!!!!!!!!!!

I'd like to see these the next time I'm Up/down your way.
 Rob.