Author Topic: Peel P50 on ebay  (Read 8622 times)

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
Peel P50 on ebay
« on: November 26, 2010, 10:00:32 AM »

blob

• Prolific Poster
Re: Peel P50 on ebay
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2010, 11:19:12 AM »
A change of circumstance huh! Probably realized how crap it is.  ;D

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2010, 11:24:18 AM »
All the way from KerChingford we bring you an electric Peel with Kenwood Chef supercharger and sterio. Reason for sale is the woofer overtook it on the lead flat out and it all got a bit out of phase.

Gooch is waiting for Root's Peel so he can burn it off. I fear Tinks is more likely to mount a chemical attack.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 01:27:01 PM »
No bids..

If the original P50 is about as useful as a chocolate fire guard then this one is equally as useful as a fart in a space suit.

If they had petrol engines then perhaps of some use but with a leccy motor just a static display piece...

"Men of worth act like men of worth, and men of genius, who produce
things beautiful and excellent, shine forth far better when other people
praise them than when they boast so confidently of their own achievements."
-Benvenuto Cellini

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010, 07:46:52 PM »
If they are really good at static then you could save it up to be flash for an instant. Ask Bob to convert it a device for dishing out shocks as everyone will want to touch. Now that is more like fun then racing the Qualcast round the garden.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2010, 11:33:33 AM »
Hi Guys

I notice that this item has been removed, Does anybody know why?

Chris T

blob

• Prolific Poster

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2010, 12:08:51 PM »
Relisted: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PEEL-P50-REPLICA-2010-BRAND-NEW-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3362fb9722QQitemZ220703987490QQptZOtherQ5fVehiclesQ5fEverythingQ5fElse#ht_500wt_973

... maybe he took offense to our comments!  ;) 

I was thinking that. Maybe the Qualcast GTI Coupe was sold before he could get it. Maybe Root bought it, he is talking to a lawnmower man. Maybe he bought the Peel!

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2010, 12:34:23 PM »
 Is the cat now in or out of the bag?   ;)  Watch this space for the next thrilling episode.....   

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2010, 05:57:47 PM »
On the subject of Peel engineering peels, I finally after months of silence got a reply to my inquiry from them. I asked for a brochure and the spec sheet for the electric Trident. This was the reply...
Hi Bob, 
Apologies for the delay in responding to your enquiry. Please find spec sheets attached.
Are you interested in purchasing one of the 50 limited edition peels to the exact 1960's spec?
Do let me know? 
Regards,
Faizal

I replied...Hi. Yes I would be very interested if you could supply a faithful replica to the original spec including the correct DKW motor. By the way your email and the spec sheet didnt answer any of my questions. Regards, Bob

Does this mean that they plan to make some proper petrol ones or is this more nonsensical flannel?

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2010, 06:33:20 PM »

Are you interested in purchasing one of the 50 limited edition peels to the exact 1960's spec?
Do let me know? 
Regards,
Faizal

.....more nonsensical flannel?

I think you just answered your own question.
There have been some private emails going around that I have been part of where Gary Hillman, one of the partners in all this, claims that they have "no control" over what the media prints and that they try to correct the media whenever possible.

I suppose Gary can now claim he has no control over what his business partner says either.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2010, 11:35:22 AM »
More nonsensical flannel?

Yes I have the one seater prototype of that which is made of resin impregnated toweling in an effort to produce a rigid and consistant form. Above about 15 mph however it does tend to bow under pressure at the front and the rear swells till the engine cover pops open. I say engine cover, in the event the motor, perm any one of 10 options from electric motor, induction motor, inertia induction flywheel, petrol, diesel, turbine, Wankel, 2 stroke reciprocal, steam and Ferret, was mounted in the passinger area as the rear wheel got in the way. If you recall it was to be marketed by Brentford Nylons. The brochures made very handy indestructible 'hankies' and suffered from static build up making then stick to surfaces and electrocute hamsters. They are now very rare - as are the hamsters affected. I have a very rare optional extra Linus Blanket which you could take everywhere with you and finger under stress. I keep it in the airing cupboard so Root cannot play with it.
All in all the Peel now marketed is so much better.

Can I ask if Gary Peel is going to make replica electric or otherwise Hillman Hunters?