Author Topic: Electroking  (Read 10386 times)

blob

• Prolific Poster
Electroking
« on: September 01, 2010, 09:48:52 am »
Wasn't there a green one offered not so long ago, anyway I love it, even if you're better off riding a bicycle.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ELECTRIC-CAR-1970-ELECTROKING-RARE-VEHICLE-/140444227609?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item20b320d819#ht_500wt_896

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Re: Electroking
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 05:12:03 pm »
Dear Mr Blob. Do I detect a slight leaning towards an interest in electric vehicles? One or two things you have said recently to me and then this. Living where you do  on the Essex/London border I think the right EV would suit your needs very well plus it would save me having to keep on driving to Barking station to pick you up when the trains aren't running!

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 09:59:45 pm »
I hate to admit it but I have been toying with the idea, having just done another 30 miles on the bicycle this evening.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 10:08:49 pm »

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 09:11:07 am »
Wasn't there a green one offered not so long ago, anyway I love it, even if you're better off riding a bicycle.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ELECTRIC-CAR-1970-ELECTROKING-RARE-VEHICLE-/140444227609?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item20b320d819#ht_500wt_896

Oh dear, Oxo cube anyone!
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2010, 09:18:34 am »
Would that there was a conurbation where a windsourced generator was efficient, allowed and the road network suited EVs. Free or even subsidised motoring. However like any other transport it is a trade off dependant on all sorts of parameters. Round here there is little realistic hope for EV until technology has leaped forward. It would certainly be handy to not have to buy the Government's tax on fuel though.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2010, 10:53:40 am »
I can usually get over the other side of London quicker by bike than any alternative, it just becomes a nightmare if I'm going out for the evening and don't want to take 2 sets of clothes, 1 for cycling and the other for wearing. So as technology presents itself the only place for EV's is in cities for relatively short comfortable journeys, but there’s still a tax on fuel unless you use solar energy to power your house.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2010, 09:12:38 am »
Solar power is subsidised by the tax payer through global warming, bargain!

Fortunately for me I do not want to pass through London in the same way I do not want to pass through an Elephant so I do not need an EV. Rather than getting in traffic jams I fear you would become a road kill statistic round here, more of a traffic raspberry jam job. Likewise both cyclist activists were quite correct that they had the right to cycle on the A420 despite being told they were fools. They both checked out the tread depths of some trucks before they were folded up and put in their coffins. Can we trust London to create traffic policy for the nation?

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2010, 12:48:17 pm »
Thanks Blob.   I JUST BROUGHT IT HOME!
I saw your mention of it 2 Thursdays ago, and was surprised to notice that not only was it on the way to a weekly car night event that I was attending- but that the auction expired at 6:30 that same evening.  Since I usually arrive at my meeting that was less than 30 minutes further in the same direction at about 7:00 p.m.- I made an appointment to view the car and stopped by at about 5:30.  I had already returned my smart phone, so I stayed in touch with the bidding status by telephone with a friend who was on line while I sat on the curb outside.
Immediate to auction close I let them know what I'd be willing to pay.  One week later he agreed and after one false start I arrived today, cash in hand, and had Triple A tow it 40 miles to my house for free.
Another one for the register!
Now if you could find me a Heinkel/Treinkel, Family Three, Zundap or Scoootacar mark one on the way to my future meets, I will doubly, triply/ quadruply appreciate it. 

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2010, 12:59:16 pm »
You're welcome! It's simply a hobby of mine, spotting anything unusual that appears online and reporting it here, quite often it sparks an interesting debate.  :) Pity you didn't see the green 4-wheeler, although that particular one was an Electrodyne.

Check: http://blog.cardomain.com/2008/03/05/on-ebay-vintage/
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 01:29:50 pm by blob »

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2010, 05:08:55 pm »
Curiously enough though, just found this: http://cgi.ebay.com/1980-Omega-Alpha-Electric-Microcar-Factory-Photo-/350265474505?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item518d72fdc9#ht_2765wt_930

So which is it, an Electrodyne, or an Omega Alpha? Or was the design licensed to other manufacturers.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2010, 08:41:50 am »
Is it me or is the car pictured a Jawa car built back to front?

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2010, 12:22:38 pm »
Could be an excellent candidate for the next Concours De Lemon.
There can be a fine line between a cars appearance being pitiful and it being endearing.  Similarly a Pug's face is often considered cute even though it looks like it has been hit head on by a micro lorry.
Often it seems that the degree to which a pitiful appearance is judged to be considered an endearing trait seems to be proportional to the degree of dementia exhibited by the observer.
I am not quite demented enough to properly appreciate this cars looks, and therefore to my mind they quite possibly could be improved by a modest impact with an appropriately sized lorry.