Author Topic: Cheap Messerschmitt  (Read 7751 times)

blob

• Prolific Poster
Cheap Messerschmitt
« on: April 15, 2007, 09:22:07 pm »
Messerschmitt KR200 for restoration, at £25 you can't go wrong, item: 300101984945

inacoma

Re: Cheap Messerschmitt
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 08:18:29 am »
Hi

Nice to meet you yesterday.

Allas no longer £25

£500+ now

John

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 10:40:35 am »
Yeah but 500 + is still a good prize, but be assured the prize will rize up. :'(

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 12:04:37 pm »
Hi John, I had a fantastic day on Sunday it was great to meet you and the rest of the guys, finaly put some names too faces.

I agree this car is worth watching, definitely restorable only not by me, way out of my league.  ;D

Mike

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2007, 05:43:22 pm »
My schmitt was in simular condition when I bought it. It seemed like a bargain at the time but five years and five grand later, ok I have a concours car but I could have saved all the work and bought one ready done! Still at least I learned a lot and know its been done properly.

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2012, 07:42:42 pm »
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 07:50:43 pm by JimJanecek »

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2012, 09:52:31 am »
Well he will need a new wardrobe of underwear, at the very least, if he drove it!
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2012, 08:49:21 pm »
Just found out a local friend has purchased that Tri-Tech that was on eBay and intends to drive it back and forth to work!
(he has 2 other KR200s but does not feel confident driving them, also one doesn't run anyways)
Also- he can bring this to our local big British Car Show next year (we are in the States, so an "all British" car show is "special".)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2012, 07:52:48 am »
I see that this car is uprated in many ways however unless its front suspension has been modified to give the kingpins more suitable geometry he will be better off with a KR200 in my opinion. Standard Tri Tech Schmitts are lethal over 50 MPH though I suspect the 10 inch wheels help, not driven one with those. I have broken three dead ones so far, one on 10 inch wheels that had rolled on a straight road.  Hopefully the vendor has resolved the issues but his comments rather suggest the underlying cause is still there. You must have a go and see what you think.

What is British about a replica German car based on Japanese parts and rebuilt in America? If the KR200s were ex British they had final assembly here to qualify for taxation breaks so I would argue they are as British, with their nasty light layout......

Not that any of this matters if you want to have fun.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs