Author Topic: Coronet on e-bay  (Read 3723 times)

cuscus47

• Quite Chatty
AC, Acoma, Argsons, Arola, Batricars, Bianchina, Carter, Citroens, Cushmans, Dafs, ElectricPal, ElectricShopper, Elswick, Eshelman, Everest, Goggo, Harding, Invacar, Levesons, Lloyd, Marketeer, Model 70's (AC, Invacar), Nelcos, Poirier, Reliants, Renaults, Sinclairs,Trabant, Trilox, Tippen etal

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
Re: Coronet on e-bay
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 01:49:56 AM »
too bad they got the RUMCARS website wrong in the lising.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 09:49:49 AM »
Is this the same car that Mike Sheperd had last year? It just seems to get past from pillar to post with no one taking the restoration on. Is that an Isetta and a bug I see in the garage?

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2007, 09:58:32 AM »
I will answer my own question, yes it is an isetta and have just noticed that its also for sale on ebay, this guys not a finisher.

g-o-g-g-o

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2007, 11:18:18 AM »
It is the one I sold early on this year - It appears to have lost a few parts in its tranfer from one owner to another - I gave the guy all the information I had gathered on the car like the handbook and the villiers book and all the papers that I could find on the coronet - I know he did not pass them on to the next owner, and he made £1,000 profit on the car!!! I also notice that there is no bootlid or cover for the engine, perhaps they are not photographed. I sold the car for a bit less than it had cost me - I did replace the tyres recondition the petrol tank and find a new cap for it sourced out lights and did find the correct engine for it - but resourses were tight (money) and I had to give it up in preference to the rebuild on my Goggo Dart.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2007, 05:25:17 PM »
Are you goggo now then Mike, what happend to Bored at home?

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2007, 05:53:36 PM »
 Not to worry, when Mike's on eBay he's still bored_at_home. Then when he swiches over to the forum he stops being bored & breaks out into song. All together now (with an Australian accent); "G-O-G-G-O......."    ;D

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2007, 05:59:09 PM »
 No, hang on, its a Scottish accent!  ::)  Grant, where are ya?! You're the only one round here with the right accent! Your public awaits a full reditation of the Goggo song....   ;)   ;D

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2007, 06:23:35 PM »
Stuart, what are you going on about, explain yourself man!

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
Re: G-O-G-G-O....
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2007, 06:46:00 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fk6pO7eLeiM

Here, this should help explain things. The ad was so popular they brought out a recold known as the G-O-G-G-O Song. Once heard, never forgotton I can tell you.  Mike being the avid collecter he is, has the recold and might just play it for you if you ask him very nicely...

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2008, 12:20:11 AM »
Oh, I see. Thanks but no thanks, I'll stick to my Led Zeppelin LP.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2008, 04:06:05 PM by bobbybubble »