Author Topic: Mopedauto  (Read 2855 times)

inacoma

Mopedauto
« on: January 31, 2008, 07:49:25 PM »

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
Re: Mopedauto
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 10:40:23 AM »
Dear John

This car is made in China with a copy of a Honda engine. In some parts of China they use them as Taxi's.

Chris T

inacoma

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 05:12:08 PM »
Hi Chris

I have seen the website for them, I tink the company also makes some larger saloons.

Not so common in Europe yet though. I wonder what you have to do to get them road registered, if they are fairly new I suspect that the regulations are a lot more strict than for an old micro.

John

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2008, 01:09:15 PM »
Dear John

I have no idea what would be involed in getting something like that registered for sale in this country. I know that type approval testing is not cheap and it is quite likely that a lot of modifications would need to be made to make it comply with emissions and other statutory requirements before it can go on the road.

I think some of these unregistered Chinese vehicles are samples that importers are looking at for assessment, who then decide that the costs would be too high and then try and sell the sample off, to recoup their assessment costs.

It is interesting that you rarely see the same model come up for sale twice.

There are one or two that I think are going through the type approval process and will be on the market soon, but I would expect them to be 4 wheelers not 3.

I may be wrong. We shall see.

Chris Thomas