Author Topic: Rayonnah still for sale ?  (Read 12139 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Re: Rayonnah still for sale ?
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2008, 07:59:09 PM »
Yes Jim, Play with them is what we do! It is worth remembering though that in the 1950's when these cars were spawned people in europe were very poor and mirocars were all that many could afford to run and they were the lucky ones! For example my father had to cycle some considerable distance to work each day before the 1960's when he graduated to a moped, eventually affording a Reliant regal to transport the family, microcars were not toys or novelties to us buy serious transport, folk didnt have a gas guzzler in the garage and also have a messerschmitt for a joke to amuse ones friends, that was it if you were lucky!Thankfully things are different now! BRING ON THE TOYS, LETS PLAY!!!

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2008, 08:01:43 PM »
Stuart. 15K short? Anyone would think you were Scottish the way you carry on!!!!            [Just a private joke between me and my travelling companion Stuart,see the thread "deathly silence!!, retromobil report. ]
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 10:34:04 PM by bobbybubble »

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2008, 10:46:32 PM »
Yes Jim, Play with them is what we do!

no I was actually referring to Toy Cars, not Microcars.

I know many people that have collections of Toy Cars that were originally intended to be played with, but now they sit, carefully displayed, usually behind glass or up high on a shelf so the kids don't get to them.

Dan Rodd

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2008, 10:47:46 PM »
no,i have a collection of dinkys and corgis dating back to the 40's,about 6 are in an open shelf,the other 200 are out on top of a cupboard and all get a good playing with!

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2008, 11:17:45 PM »
Sorry Jim, I misunderstood, I could have spared you the tale of British postwar deprivation!

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2008, 11:32:38 PM »
Well Bob, looks like I'm carrying on the trend, my everyday transport is a bicycle and one day I'll upgrade to a microcar.