Author Topic: Mystery Machine Now For Sale  (Read 8838 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Re: Mystery Machine Now For Sale
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2008, 12:23:11 PM »
I thought you were happily married Blob!

Jawmedead

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2008, 12:23:42 PM »
Why crop the picture?

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2008, 12:25:28 PM »
The mystery machine is still described as having a messerschmitt engine. I give up!

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2008, 12:27:48 PM »
Ok! I've ammended the Frisky pic. Bob you seem obsessed maybe you should buy this item? I also had my eye on the Centaur folding scooter having seen it in the flesh at Amberley, though recent bills have just put an end to that idea. :-X

P.s. Bob I'm married to my desk at the moment! >:(
« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 01:10:45 PM by blob »

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2008, 01:58:51 PM »
Yes I know, I will drop the subject. I was thinking Mr Blob, the woman in the frisky picture will be too old for you by now!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 02:01:19 PM by bobbybubble »

Triporteur

• Quite Chatty
    • Online Bicycle Museum
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2008, 04:43:25 PM »
Mystery Machine fully amended now (sorry for delay - been starting at 6am and finishing midnight for days now getting all this loaded onto ebay. Ebay's had IT problems which has caused time-consuming workarounds)

The issue I have with Dan Rodd is slagging off dealers in a public forum. Andy T doesn't care. But i think it's bad form.

The issue of reg's will always be a heated one, especially as there is no actual solution. As said, where there's a demand, there will be supply.

My 3-Wheeler Zorplan Shopper will be going on ebay tonight. I think it's the only one in the country. It has a valuable registration, which i've not removed from it, and I've priced it accordingly (though fairly I believe).

It remains to be seen if an enthusiast purchaser is willing to pay the slightly higher price to account for it retaining its plate.
Online Bicycle Museum - http://oldbike.eu

Online Cyclemaster Museum - http://Cyclemaster.co.uk

Sales: http://BuyVintage.co.uk

Dan Rodd

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2008, 07:00:02 PM »
Im not slagging off any dealers,i just dont agree with some of their practices,i know that im not going to convert anyone who disagrees with me,just wanted to voice my opinion on the issue,the same as you have done.I know Andy doesnt care,thats why he sells off plates.

It is a sad fact however that so long as there are vain people with lots of cash,there will always be a market for these.I think that 50 yrs ago when if you were lucky enough to have a bike at all any spare cash was used on keeping the thing going to put bread on the table,rather than have your initials on the front.
To me it also makes a mockery of the system the DVLA gave us old bike and car enthusiasts to enable us to have an age related plate,rather than a q plate.If the widespread selling of plates continues the DVLA may well stop this,as rather than going to bikes that have had no docs or id at all,or have been imported,they are going on bikes that have had them sold.

inacoma

Re: Number Plates
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2008, 07:43:28 PM »
Hi

My wifes friends call her Johnners (Mrs. Johnson) so the Christmas before last I got the number-plate JNZ 2022 ? for her as a bit of fun.

I think it cost about £89 and I don't think it makes me a rapist or a right wing rich Torry Boy.

;D

Triporteur

• Quite Chatty
    • Online Bicycle Museum
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2008, 07:56:47 PM »
I do not disagree at all with you, Dan. The whole number plate thing is totally daft.

The point i was trying to make is that EVERY dealer has to value a plate if it is on a vehicle. They'll either take it off or sell it for more money to take into account the plate's value. If they sell it cheaply without taking into account the plate's value, the buyer will sell the plate!

If you sell your bike with its transferable plate on it, even if you sell it privately, you can not control what happens to it.

It's the system that's at fault.

If you feel strongly about it, if there is actually a way to make a plate non-transferable, that's probably the best thing to do.

I appreciate that if you sold a bike to Andy T and he subsequently sold the plate you probably feel a bit stupid that you didn't ask more money for it. But that's best put down to experience; we've all done that once, and next time we were wiser. I'm not sure it needs a post on a public forum naming someone and using the word 'rape' alongside their name. It's not really good forum etiquette.

Neither is it polite to accuse him of illegally obtaining an MOT - once again, on a public forum. In fact it would take only an hour or so to strip a Corgi to its frame and replace all the mechanical parts from a working one. You then have an MOT-able Corgi. That's how it's done, perfectly legally, as I'm sure you already know.

Surely, if you have an issue with someone, it would be more appropriate for you to discuss that face to face with the person concerned rather than use a public forum where they are not a member and therefore can not reply.

And in the overall scheme of things, surely there are more important things in life to worry about? If not, you're a very lucky fellow :)

Online Bicycle Museum - http://oldbike.eu

Online Cyclemaster Museum - http://Cyclemaster.co.uk

Sales: http://BuyVintage.co.uk

Dan Rodd

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2008, 08:08:40 PM »
Very true,i had just got back from a 3 hour ride on my MZ so was a bit tired when i posted earlier!

When i sold my B31 to Stuart Bray i had managed to adopt the attitude of "well if he doesnt sell the plate someone else will" so didnt mind really,and he was a nice chap too.

Im not bothered about the money side really,more the history side i suppose.authenticity and rivet counting dont interest me,but i like a bike to have a story to tell,my 1936 Francis Barnett Cruiser hasnt been restored,and has a wonderful oily patina,and to me restoring it would be sacrelidge,just like taking the plate off my 1 previous owner Red Hunter would be.

To his credit,Andy does at least have realistic ideas as to motorcycle pricing,rather than a lot who seem to thing that if you put a big enough price on it it will sell eventually. ;D

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2008, 09:07:22 PM »
I the DVLA may well stop this,as rather than going to bikes that have had no docs or id at all,or have been imported,they are going on bikes that have had them sold.
[
/quote]                                                                                                                                    I dont think the DVLA will be changing the sytstem at all , they make more money out of it than all the plate dealers put together. Every time a plate is changed the till rings!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 09:31:05 PM by bobbybubble »