• www.kabinenroller.de

inacoma

Re: LLoyd
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 07:35:02 AM »
WOW!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like a bargain.

The bodywork must have cost more than the price for the car :o

Shame it's not in U.K.

I don't think it will be for sale for long before it finds a buyer.

John

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 09:03:59 AM »
WOW!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like a bargain.

Shame it's not in U.K.

I don't think it will be for sale for long before it finds a buyer.

John

John the problem is, the Lloyd is not so sought after in Germany. Its a bit to big for a micro car, and that makes it cheap.
Same vendor sold a Trident last year.

inacoma

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2008, 09:10:44 AM »
Hi

Do you know what the Trident went for?

It is so rare a Peel is sold on open market, you never get to know the real price achieved

That LLoyd looks such good value, it's a shame they are uderated.

John

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2008, 09:31:16 AM »
Don't know how much it went for, but i know it was sold to the UK. One of our RUM car forum Members is the new owner though.
Ferdi

inacoma

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2008, 09:56:54 AM »
Cheers Ferdi

Will we get to see the car at any meetings?

John

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2008, 10:25:10 AM »
John, what car are you talking about? Peel or Lloyd?
If you mean the Trident, you can be sure the car will turn up this year on several events in the UK.
Ferdi

Ps. I want to bring my Peels to the dutch rally this year.
Have you ever been there? Its a real fantastic event.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 10:27:02 AM by Peelpower »

inacoma

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2008, 10:53:43 AM »
Hi ferdi

yes I meant the Peel.

it will be good to see it.

No I havn't been to the Dutch rally yet ?

Mayby next year

John

:)

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2008, 01:14:12 PM »
WOW!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like a bargain.

Shame it's not in U.K.

I don't think it will be for sale for long befor it finds a buyer.

John

John the problem is, the Lloyd is not so sought after in Germany. Its a bit to big for a micro car, and that makes it cheap.
Same vendor sold a Trident last year.

Ferdi time flies.
 I bought the Trident two years ago this August....

Indeed it will appear at a show this year road fit. A genuine Peel is now almost impossible to aquire. Owners simpy do not want to sell them. It was fairly priced at the time with the strongish pound back then.

Now it would be an utter bargain such as how the entire classic car market has changed. I'd have to say that a Peel Trident or P50 is possibly one of the hardest machines on the planet to aquire. Mind you Scootacars are non existent these days.

However I suspect obscene amounts of filthy lucre would prise anything away from anyone... Everyone has a price!!    

« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 01:28:34 PM by Peelpower »
"Men of worth act like men of worth, and men of genius, who produce
things beautiful and excellent, shine forth far better when other people
praise them than when they boast so confidently of their own achievements."
-Benvenuto Cellini

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2008, 01:21:59 PM »
Hi P50, how are you doing? Yes indeed time flies. I guess the Peels will stay in  the owners hands, and, as you mentioned, they are not for sale in a couple of years anymore. Everyone has his prize? I don't know. Whenever i was offered money for my microcars i said NO!
As long i don't get in financial trouble, i won't change my mind.
All the best
Cheers Ferdi
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 01:27:53 PM by Peelpower »

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2008, 08:05:07 AM »
I'm doing wel thanks Ferdi!

I bought the last genuine Trident thats come up for sale. Two years.   Will another be available in this decade?!  Selling is not the problem. It's replacement if you decided you want another! 

Maybe one day an unknown Trident or P50 will be listed on Ebay out of the blue. That will be some auction!  What a stir it would cause.  Are there any left 'off the radar'?

I think there is maybe 2 or 3 tucked away in garages or sheds.  You tend to find they were actually on your own doorstep when they appear.  That is very annoying!

Perry     
-Benvenuto Cellini

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2008, 12:37:01 PM »
Talking of on the door step, do either of you guys know who bought the yellow P50 that was sold a couple of years ago from the great county of Essex? The car was often seen at the Enfield pagent and other local doos often accompanied by an Isetta done out of the same paint pot.

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2008, 12:54:53 PM »
Is this your car Perry, bobbybubble is talking about? As far as i can remember there was another yellow P50. The owner was Eugene Chong i reckon, but the car now is abroad.
My first P50 i used to own, D542 was first coated in yellow as well.

Anyway, nice wether outside now. I guess i go for  a ride in my tiger now. Haven't done this for a long time.

Ferdi
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 12:59:25 PM by Peelpower »

g-o-g-g-o

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2008, 05:12:25 PM »
you are going back in time Ferdi, Eugene Chong first came to my house in 1975 to buy my Trojan which I had restored and it was for sale at £120 taxed and MOT'd (those were the days) he did not buy it straight away and he went away for the weekend to think about it, meanwhile the local Vicar wanted a car for his wife and I took his wife for a test drive and he bought it.
  Eugene came back to me on the Monday or Tuesday, to buy the car but I had to tell him it was sold - he asked me to keep a look out for one for him, and we became freinds. subsequently he bought other cars the Peel P50 a Scootercar Mk 1 and a Messerschmitt (he had taste) and eventually bought a Trojan.
  He was a Dentist with a practice in Streatham ans he lived in Dulwich - he also had a Ferrari 246 as his normal car - we swapped bits over the years and when he finally retired he moved back to his home country. He sold off all his cars exept for the Peel P50 which was his favouite and he took it home with him - this was at the end of the 80's he invited me to empty his garage (for free) and I waved him goodby - we have not been in communiation since and I imagine his car is still with him.

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2008, 06:48:11 PM »
Talking of on the door step, do either of you guys know who bought the yellow P50 that was sold a couple of years ago from the great county of Essex? The car was often seen at the Enfield pagent and other local doos often accompanied by an Isetta done out of the same paint pot.

How odd?!!!! We're talking about both my Peels.

Yep JMG678B is my P50. I too saw it at the Pageant over the years. Chap called Chisolm owned it. Christchurch in Cambridge is where he lived. He would not sell for love nor money. I recall in the late 90's chatting to him and he mentioned he found a NOS tyre on a wheel on a stall at Enfield. He was blown away when I told him that particular fact when I was doing the deal...  He bought it off his mate for a 30 quid in the late 60's! It sat for 40 years in a tyre shed as he had a haulidge business.

My P50's a bit tired and appears to have been used heavily prior to being laid up. Then the engine nipped up at Peels to Peel and it's sat since. I think the absolute most you could hope for in '08 is a Peel with its original body,chassis tag,engine with 80416 tag and registration as issued in 60's. These are now old meddled with cars and had such minor value a few years after new.

I think Eugene's P50 is the sister car to Gordons. Although mine, Gordons and Hansons Manx P50 (reg P50MAN) are all back to back chassis number wise. They were all at Peel at the big meet. I think Eugenes car is in Sydney and he still has it.   Wonder what his chassis number is? Andy would know.

Perry
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 06:51:14 PM by P50 »
-Benvenuto Cellini