Author Topic: Poinard France  (Read 9909 times)

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
Poinard France
« on: March 21, 2008, 01:32:12 PM »

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
Re: Poinard France
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 01:56:13 PM »
It was not long ago that the same vehicle was up for sale on Ebay. I wonder what happened?

Chris Thomas

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2008, 07:14:59 PM »
Looks like there's already been some discussion concerning this vehicle on Don's site: http://donald.over-blog.com/article-7374082.html

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2008, 08:15:46 PM »
I think Don thinks it's a fake, or not a Poinard. Without positive proof who will know.

He seems quite passionate about this. It's perhaps the red wine speaking. Maybe being GOOD Friday that has set him going.

Chris Thomas

inacoma

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2008, 08:19:15 PM »
Hi.

WHEN IT WAS ON LAST TIME THERE WAS ALSO THE SAME QUESTIONS ASKED.

As it says on Donalds site, it realy should be saying "in the style of", or "could be a"

Difficult with old ones like this with nothing to refer to.

I supose it's a cas of you pays your money and takes your chances?

john

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2008, 09:11:20 PM »
That's what I find interesting with cars that appear for sale. You think, are they made for children, are they fairground rides or simply home builds. This looks like a home built vehicle, having no resemblance to the Poinard pictured on Don
« Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 09:21:23 PM by blob »

Avolette

• Occasional
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2008, 01:00:36 PM »
What does "red wine speaking" mean, please ?
If there is a thing written on my blog about this car, it is that the seller doesn't really know if it is a Poinard, and i can't understand why he says it is, without any evidence. Then, i just show a picture of a Poinard (which is totally different of what the guy is selling) telling to all interested people that it is not sure at all.Imagine an enthusiast buying this car, being happy, and then very disappointed to see it is not a Poinard prototype.That's all. If tomorrow i sell a Mini contesse; saying it is a prototype of a Galy, won't you react ? I think yes. So, i had a reaction with this sale. And i think i won because NOW the seller put a "?" behind Poinard. (yes, the guy tried many times to sell this car)
Donald 
Avolette, Messerschmitt, Solyto, Autobianchi Eden-Roc, ROLUX 125

inacoma

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2008, 02:28:57 PM »
Hi Donald

I think you are right he should admit that he doesn't know what it is, and should have said similar too, or could be some sort of prototype.

Perhaps you cold help us identify the Voiturette on our forum, that I am struggling with, its the white onethat looks a bit like an Acoma but with rounded corners. I am sure i have a picture of one in a French magazine, but I can't find it and it is starting to annoy me.

http://www.rumcars.org/forum/index.php?topic=1165.0

Let us know what it, is if you know.

Thanks

John

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2008, 05:44:16 PM »
Dear Donald

"The Red wine speaking" means that you seemed to be more passionate about this car for sale, and the lack of provenance, than we would expect to read, about our hobby. It must be the bromide in our tea.

It is good to see that your English is better than my French and we have a good and knowledgeable member of the web site where French Microcars are concerned.

One day I would love to see all the French Microcars that have been produced over the last 50 years all together in a museum. Now is the time to buy up the pick of the crop and get that museum started with the assistance of one of the manufacturers.

Keep up the good work

Chris Thomas

Avolette

• Occasional
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2008, 06:16:33 PM »
Insight,
Thank you for your reply about "red wine", i'll sleep less stupid this evening, as we say in French ! You'r right, if only it could be a French museum of french microcars.....I think and i know there are many unknown french cars remaining in some garage or yard. Almost each day i hear speaking about cars being found somewhere in France. And it is a good thing to know it is still possible today to find treasures, isn't it ?

Inacoma,
I'm sorry i must admit i don't know what is the white car, but some details make me think at something build by Bellier. But the cars of the 70's and 80's are not in my knowledge...So, you must ask someone else to have a good answer !

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2008, 07:35:42 PM »
I have been off for a while due to pc problems, but am interested in Donald's blog site, and have emailed him. On http://donald.over-blog.com/article-7374082.html there are photos of micro cars on the left when you scroll down. Does anyone know what the red and white one at the bottom is?
I remember seeing a pic in a classic car magazine in the 1980s which looked a lot like this one. I think it was a report from Retromobile or a similar show. The writer said he could not find the owner or much info, but said it may have been a prototype heinkel, and seemed to have a Heinkel engine.
Does anyone know abouit this and/or have any other/bigger pix, I'd love to know as I've been curious since I saw the article.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

inacoma

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2008, 07:43:12 PM »
Hi Marcus.

The red and white one at the bottom?

It certainly has some heinkel and Isetta touches, interested to see what Donald knows.

Hope to have an answer about the little white voiturette that we are not sure about, as have the french A-Team working on it ;D

John

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2008, 07:48:08 PM »
Donald does not know about it, but I think he would like to!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Avolette

• Occasional
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2008, 09:19:11 PM »
Oh yes i would !
Inacoma, i  am making some enquiries to know what teh white one is, i let you informed !

inacoma

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2008, 09:20:57 PM »
Cheers Mates