Author Topic: Classic 1956 Goliath GP900E 16,000 Miles From New  (Read 6289 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Re: Classic 1956 Goliath GP900E 16,000 Miles From New
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2008, 10:01:13 PM »
Hi Stuart, I suppose I tend to go more by body size than engine size.

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2008, 12:36:59 PM »
Yes I do consider  my Go-lee-at (German pronunciation)  to be a microcar because its engine is under 700cc and not MASS PROODUCED.  That why the A30's would  not be considered and Fiat 500's for that matter because they were made in very great numbers and they have a Club anyway.  Microcars were mainly produced in relatively small numbers, many under 200 even the Isettas and Messerchmitts can't compete with the production figures of small Austin's. Morris or Ford's.  Anyway from the rarity point of view I don't think there were many examples of vehicles with fuel injection in 1954.  Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2008, 06:36:28 PM »
A 1954 production car with fuel injection! Thats got to be special in its self Jean! Sorry but I really dont see what production figures have to do with it though. A big car doesn't change from being a big car depending on how many were made. I understand the purpose behind Rumcars taking in all the waifs and strays that dont have a club of there own and thats one of the things that makes it special and why I love it! I also appreciate that flexibility is applied to accommodate various vehicles and I was not seriously suggesting that A30's should be covered! The point I'm making in this very old debate is that the parameters set by a body of enthusiasts many years ago as to what defines a microcar are not carved in granite, people like myself and John are going to have there own definitions of what a microcar is, we also do have the right to express them and in my case a microcar is some thing that is very small as in "micro" not smallish, not small, not mini, but micro! Nobody should get upset about debates like this, forums are for expressing ones opinions and its amazing what one learns from others by debating these things, for example the correct pronunciation of Goliath ect. I'm amazed that with such a large membership so few people chip in.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 06:40:45 PM by bobbybubble »

inacoma

Re: Classic 1956 Goliath Update of sellers info.
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2008, 07:11:02 PM »
Dear John
Update on the Goliath:-

I charged the battery overnight, and this morning it started on the first turn of the key. It ran well, and I managed to free the brakes by driving it out of the barn and back in.
Regards
Michael