Author Topic: New Poll  (Read 4229 times)

Grant Kearney

• Quite Chatty
New Poll
« on: April 24, 2008, 10:06:21 AM »
Come guys this forum is supposed to be like minded enthusiasts having fun :). Naturally there will be differences of opinion but as grown ups we have to accept these and move on. Life would be very dull if we all like the same things, had the opinions and agreed on everything. As a bit of fun lets have a guess at what Bobbybubble is building and hopefully at the end of the poll he might reveal what this interesting build is going to be.
I will also 'come out' and admit to being closet Bamby fan :o and the buyer of the first one on E-Bay but sadly not the buyer of the second.

Jawmedead

Re: New Poll
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 10:39:17 AM »
Souped-up Invacar?

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 01:30:14 PM »
I'm more interested in what the rather tasty 3T you shipped from OZ is for?

Grant Kearney

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 02:14:28 PM »
Dam it!, you can't keep anything a secret around hear  ;)
The Villiers 3T is to go into my Frisky when it arrives from Oz.  The Villiers plant in Adelaide built a lot more 3T blower engines than Wolverhampton and they went into the Zetta .  There were until recently quite a few NOS engines knocking about the autojumble scene down under.  I bought a NOS one about 5 years ago and shipped it back as a spare for my Scootacar Mk111. 
Might try and get another to replace the 4T in my Bond Estate!

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 03:11:26 PM »
Funny you mention NOS engines, there was another blower cooled 3T for sale recently, however I'm much more in favour of the price you paid, than the £1600 wanted for the NOS one.  ???

Grant Kearney

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2008, 04:24:09 PM »
Yeh, Seen that one as well but the $3500 price put me off.  They can still be found for a few hundred pounds but the carriage back to the UK doubles the price.

Jawmedead

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2008, 07:24:02 PM »
I have just remembered something. A few months ago or was it last year someone sent me an e-mail asking if I could give them details of the Tourette chassis on the car I had in 1976. I mentioned Jean's car for that person to go and have a look at, as after 30 years had passed since I restored 136 PMH. With my brain I can't remember anything I did yesterday! Who was that man and has a Tourette Copy now been made?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 07:26:37 PM by Jawmedead »

Inaheinkel

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2008, 08:20:19 PM »
Hi

I havn't got a clue what you are building Bob, but whatever it is i am sure it will be good having seen pictures of your other work.

Voted Scootacar as I reccon you like them, but I think you are more likely to be doing a restoration of a parts car than a full blown copy

John
Heinkel Kabine, Cursor

g-o-g-g-o

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2008, 11:38:18 PM »
Hi
   I have a feeling that the car Bob is building may not be on your list like the Gordon - its got zero availability because there are only 7? known (rob can confirm the figure) and it has a villiers engine that's lacking in power, and by building a fiberglass body on it may improve the top speed.

Another thought is he may be building an " Inter special " on a nobel chassis with goggo front drums with a villers engine, and maybe using the folding front hubs like the reyonna to get it down his tight alley at the side of his bungalow.